PAI 1 and Clexane

CarolineandLucas

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first child after a long struggle with endometriosis. At my last visit to my doctor I received results from my glucose screening test and recent blood tests, my PAI reading was very high at 7.9 (it should be 0.3 - 3.5). My doctor has recommended daily injections of Clexane to prevent blood clots.

Has anyone else been prescribed this or had a similarly high reading? Are there any side effects of Clexane? Any tips on injecting yourself?!?

Thanks in anticipation,
Caro

I had to inject clexane all through my last pregnancy and this one. I have anti phospholipid sydrome which causes blood clots in the placenta and this makes the placenta fail. I lost my frst baby at 40 weeks because it wasn't picked up.

I know clexane does have some contraindications, especially bruising at the injection site (my tummy looks like its black and blue) but other than that, they don't affect me at all. Its a bit unnerving doing the injections yourself to begin with but you'll soon get used to it. They do sting a bit mind but its all in a good cause.

If you have any problems, drop me a pm and I'll try and help. I am on leave until 7th January and I don't have access to the internet at home cos we just moved house but if you want to text me, pm me and I'll send you my number.

Good luck and try not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back