Do I get a choice

Pickledonions

Reaction score

Im feeling a bit down. Im looking to speak with any of you mummys that have been consultant led or have had complications in pregnancy/high risk.
Just incase you dont know already I was diagnosed with Pulmory Embolisms at 33 weeks and perscribed Clexane to thin my blood 2 injections daily. Now the consultant I saw 2 weeks ago said they will do an inernal at 39 weeks (tomorrow) and see if anythings happening,they may decide to induce me. Mainly so they can take me off the clexane as blood loss would be more dangerous if still on it.

Now I just spoke to the ansetnatist and he says if I go into spobtanious labour then to stop clexane and go straight in but that an epidural is out of the question 100 per cent if its not 24 hours after last dose. Im not happy about this at all. Id like to think I will cope and have a pain relief free labour but the thought of not having any choice just scares the life out of me. I asked what would happen if I needed an emergency c section and he said they would put me to sleep. Again Im not happy about this at all......surely Id be out for a while I wouldnt get skin to skin with baby and would miss him being born??

Im in absolute tears over this as we had fertility issues and has taken so long to get here and I dont know if I can cope with having that taken from me. My real issue is if they say they wont induce me can I argue it and tell them how Im feeling and do they to some degree have to take my opinion into account?? I have major bad anxiety and feel that induction would be the way forward so Id know I have all the options available.​

Sorry your going through this, I'm afraid I don't have any advice as I was lucky enough to have an easy labour and birth but I didn't want to read and run. Make sure you voice your opinions and concerns at your appointment today, good luck xx

hi hun, my pregnancy was consultant led, ended up with pre eclampsia at the end of my pregnancy, i had hospital appaointments every 2 weeks and midwife appaointments every other day.. it was all getting a bit too much so i basically told the consultant that i had had enough and i wanted the baby out so i knew she was safe (they kept going on about if i went into a fit because of how high my bp was they would have to get the baby out in a matter of minutes - i didnt want that!) so basically the consultant said that he appreciated my concerns and he agreed it was best to get baby out - i was booked in for an induction - voice your concerns they should take them into account, its your body you dont just have to plod along and agree with what they tell you is best! good luck xx

I was on clexane from 38 wks as I had a broken ankle and to prevent blood clots. I had a natural birth with just has and air as pain relief! I had the clexane at about 8pm on the fri night and my baby was born at 6.33am sat. I had a tear do needed a spinal but they were able to wait over the 12 hours from my jab before I went into theatre! I had no probs with it and continued taking it till lo was 8 wks old I think! If you have any other questions feel free to pm me!x

I also got told it would be safer for me to be awake than put me to sleep too!not sure how different my situation was but I was only taking it once a day!

definately voice your opinions and make sure you are heard! A friend of mine was in a very similar situation last year and she pretty much demanded to be induced early and she was. I was consultant led but only because i was induced after 2 weeks overdue. Hope you get the birth experience you want, just remember whatever happens the outcome is the same - a beautiful little baby! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back