• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ovulation sticks/tests?!!

Islandgirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm looking for a wee bit of advice...... Never used ovulation sticks/tests before so I don't even know what I have to ask for or even look for in the chemist. What brand would you recommend and would you recommend to use them? Would appreciate any advice from anyone. Thank you so much in advance.xx

Hi,
I've only been using them for one month so far but it makes it so much easier to know exactly when ov takes place. I bought some cheap ones from ebay and started using them cd7 and when the line started getting a bit darker I also used clearblue which was very easy to read the result.
If your buying them online try amazon or ebay, in the chemist you'll find them with the pregnancy tests.
Hope that helps x

The same as sammy, got mine off eBay, used them the month I got my bfp!! Also while using them found out I was ovulating late so at least you can pin point ovulation!!

Hi Island girl,

I use the Clear Blue digital ones, I have long cycles that I don't really know yet so I buy the pack or 20 for £40 from boots but if you have a normal cycle and have an idea when you ovulate then you can use the pack of 7 for £20.

You have 48 hours from when you get the positive result so if your other half is away then you have time to arrange to get together!

Good luck and Babydust !!!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I get mine off ebay 20 for 3 quid something and you can mix and match and get pregnancy tests aswell they are cheap but do the job! The seller is fertilityplan...next day delivery aswell xx

Hiya,
I am the same I bought a stack from ebay for use on the first few days of testing then knowing when I was coming up to the big O date used the Clearblue Digital Ovulation from Boots to get a more definate result, using the Clearblue ones contiuously for the 5 days would prove too costly for me so do it this way instead, hope that helps x

That's a really good idea Hopeful, I'll have to give that a try.

x

I have a clearblue fertility monitor and you have to buy OPKs to use with it and I have found them very good, even without the monitor I could see exactly when I had my LH surge :)

Hopeful's idea is great though :)

Thanks for all your advice everyone! Went onto eBay last night and ordered some so hopefully will get them over the next couple of days. Not too sure where my cycle is at the moment with the miscarraige:( just need a helping hand and oh gets back from work on Thursday night so will be trying them out Thursday afternoon! Thanks again to you all. Xxx

just bought some myself for the 1st time from fertility plan on ebay. fingers crossed.

baby dust for you.

xxx

Baby dust to you too:) good luck with your sticks aswell and we will need to keep updated on what's happening and hopefully a few BFPs will be on here soonxxxx

Louise you mentioned that you had a monitor. Are they any good?

What sort of things do they tell other than your OV date?

Thanks
Nikki xxx

Louise you mentioned that you had a monitor. Are they any good?

What sort of things do they tell other than your OV date?

Thanks
Nikki xxx

I am really liking mine, although i hate peeing in a pot every blooming morning like you would with any OPK :oooo:

Well it uses previous months data to also tell you when you should be fertile, in advance of actually ovualting - you could do this without the monitor but it is just another task.

What i really like about it is the clarity, you don't have to interpret the strength of the lines yourself.

If you don't get the reading that it says you should, then you should go to the doctor.

I has also read that the test stick are duel - they test for both LH and E.... oh crap i can't remember what the hormone is called but it begins with e (not estrogen) for extra accuracy and this e hormone also indicates pregnancy late in your cycle.

I started out using the boots one at £11 for 6 sticks. Used them all up in 2 months and bought some of the ebay ones (30 for £2.50 I think) and they were exactly the same!!

I mean they look less fancy, it is just a bit of cardboard you hold in your 'stream' but the results were exactly the same. I get a nothing then a faint line one day and a dark line the next day and then nothing again, it's pretty precise with me. It pinpoints exactly when you get your surge (which is supposed to be roughly 36 hours before the egg actually drops).

You will get to know naturally though when you are ovulating and waste a lot less strips, it's more like a back up double check test for me now.

You might want to try ' Autionage ' on ebay, they ship from Hong Kong and if your not in too much of a rush to get the testing sticks they are great and cheap too and the EPT is one of the earliest ones you can get....20 mIU/ml.... 30 OV sticks and 10 EPT for just under £4!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back