Ovulation Tests

Amber8

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think I'm going to try using ovulation sticks this month & just wondered how other people find them & if you'd recommend them.

Do you have to do them at certain times of day & how many times do you do them a day? You can buy cheap ones from EBay, but are they just as good?

Any advice is appreciated. :)

I bought cheap ones of Ebay called One Step and they worked for me. You can just use them once a day and you should aim to do them around the same time everyday. If you would prefer to do them twice a day then you can. The second line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive. Good luck. xxx

I was ttc for 6 months with no luck. Used opks for the first time this month and i got my bfp! I used the cheapies off e-bay- got 30 opks and 10 hpts for bout a fiver. I did mine in the evenings when i got home from work between 5.30 and 6.30.

Good luck and fx for you!

XX

I've just bought 30 from
Amazon today for around a fiver, will be having a trial run in dec and starting proper ttc after af in Jan so looking fwd to hear how u get on this month! Good luck! are u taking any supplements? I bought folic acid today but wondering if there's anything else I should get?? Xx

Think I'll get some from eBay then if it doesn't matter which ones you use. I have irregular cycles so really hard to know when I ovulate which is why I want to try them.

I'm quite new to the forum so don't understand all the abreviations, what does bfp mean?

Is it correct that you shouldn't use them 1st thing on a morning? Is it also right that there's only an 8 hour period to catch when you ovulate?

Ok just bought 50 test sticks off eBay, just hope I get a positive this cycle so we stand a chance of ttc at the right time.

:)

Dawnt87, I take folic acid, vitamin B, C & E & I also take AC but I take these mainly because of my irregular cycles as they are supposed to help regulate you.

Fx for you x

I use my OPK's from CD8 onwards, at 2pm, when i start to nice my surge (usually CD11/12) i start doing them three times a day, at 2pm, 6pm and 10pm. If i hadnt of done them three times a day I would have missed my surge this month! Because your surge happens really quickly and its easy to get the OPK's showing a trend that just starts going down and again and hasnt hit positive, but its actually the hormone surge coming back the other way and you have missed the positive IFSWIM

Thanks Dragonfly fi, that's really useful. I can only really do them on an evening due to work or 1st thing on a morning which your not suppose to do, so I'm worried I'll miss it.

All I can do is see though I suppose.

nah dont bother with first thing in the morning, just do it when you get back from work and another before bed ;)

I use eBay cheapies.

Tend to start with one a day around CD8 and then when the line starts to darken I do about 3 a day so I don't miss the surge. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back