Overthinking things. :(

Selina13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I went for a cheap private scan locally to me yesterday. The sonographer said the gestational sac was measuring 6 weeks (give or take a few days), so after a bit of googling :) I found that from conception date (I have long cycles) I could be 7w4 days but she said she couldn't see anything else inside- me and my husband defo saw something inside of a reasonable size in comparison to the sac.

I have had a missed mc before so I have been here before and now I'm overthinking stuff like my line on ic's is much lighter than it was and even though I'm shattered and stuffing my face with sweet stuff (unusual for me) and a tad moody (but that could be because I have given up smoking) and sore boobs I have no other major symptoms.

I'm just so worried this has happened again!

I have another scan on Wednesday so should know more AND they will do an internal scan also.

Just wanted to vent really.

X

It's really hard. I had a mmc last sept and I found it really hars to relax. Even after 12 week scan and 20 week scan!! Feel but better now I'm over 24 weeks... But think you'll always worry.
I know it's not easy but try to enjoy your pregnancy. The worrying won't change anything. For now celebrate that all looks well
Xxx

Pretty sure next week transvaginal you will see a lot more. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Thanks ladies, I hope so but I think I'm preparing myself emotionally for the worst! :(

I think you have to sometimes in order to manage your expectations and even though it still feels hard it's not as bad as being delusional them falling from a great height! X

Don't panic too much. I have had a couple of NHS scans the past few weeks and they said I'm measuring smaller than my dates but you should never really go by their measurements for dates until around 12 weeks as the sizes etc vary so much before then! :) we are tech measuring a week behind but they are still going by my dates xxxxxx

I don't mind measuring a bit behind as long as there is hb as we know the scans aren't perfectly accurate. The issue is how negative the woman was- saying she couldn't see anything at all! Me and husband saw something but she didn't explain what was what! X

Problem with private sonographers is they don't have full medical knowledge and also legally can't advise or say to much. So unless you know exactly what you are lookin at or are going to see an older foetus I think they can be disheartening. Don't let it get you down and if you are worried call your local EPAS unit xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back