Overdue - Had a sweep and baby is starting to engage now

KJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

well, I'm 2 days overdue now. Saw my midwife this morning and she did an internal and then I asked for a stretch and sweep, so she did that as well. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad at all, I was expecting a lot worse.

The good news is, from not being engaged at all this time last week, bubs now has his head 3/5 into my pelvis. But my cervix is still not effaced or dilated :(

Still getting mild period pains and bump feels quite heavy since the sweep. I've just stomped into town and back to try and get things going. And DH is going to be hassled for a lot of sex when he gets home! Midwife said sperm contain one of the highest amounts of prostaglandin (one of the hormones that softens and dilates the cervix).

I'm really hopeful that something will happen this weekend. Just been to the loo and have a small amount of mucus which is a slightly different colour than normal. Maybe I'm heading for a show!!

Send me lots of labour dust please ladies, really want to meet my little man asap!!

K.xxxxxx

Hope things start happening for you soon chick - can't believe you're overdue now, that's come round so quickly!

x

Hi all,

well, I'm 2 days overdue now. Saw my midwife this morning and she did an internal and then I asked for a stretch and sweep, so she did that as well. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad at all, I was expecting a lot worse.

The good news is, from not being engaged at all this time last week, bubs now has his head 3/5 into my pelvis. But my cervix is still not effaced or dilated :(

Still getting mild period pains and bump feels quite heavy since the sweep. I've just stomped into town and back to try and get things going. And DH is going to be hassled for a lot of sex when he gets home! Midwife said sperm contain one of the highest amounts of prostaglandin (one of the hormones that softens and dilates the cervix).

I'm really hopeful that something will happen this weekend. Just been to the loo and have a small amount of mucus which is a slightly different colour than normal. Maybe I'm heading for a show!!

Send me lots of labour dust please ladies, really want to meet my little man asap!!

K.xxxxxx

Hope things start happening for you soon chick - can't believe you're overdue now, that's come round so quickly!

x

oh wow hun, your about to pop :shock: time has gone sooooooo fast.

the best of luck with the birth :hug:

thanks everyone.

Shell, can't believe your LO is 21 days already! Seems like yesterday I was replying to your birth announcement!!

Thanks midna and claire for the best wishes.

Neeko, helloo! :wave: how are you doing? I remember reading all your posts leading up to your birth.

It's really weird that I'm finally here. I keep telling him I'm ready and he should come out whenever he's ready, but I don't think he's listening!!

Had mild period pains most of the day, but that could mean absolutely nothing. Have a slight feeling something could happen tonight, but have no evidence to support this theory!!

K.xxx

goodluck and hope that sweep works for u it did for me :)

i hope things happen for you hunni :)

good luck :hug: :hug:

Good luck hun :hug: Hope something happens for you soon, i also had a 2nd sweep today still waiting, now 8 days oer! i have had period type pains for the last week and a half, really hope yours mean more than mine!!

Good luck x

Best of luck KJ, I really hope things happen for you tonight :pray:

Loads of labour dust coming your way :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111