Week overdue-sweep today *update*

Emmamb

Reaction score
Actually dreading the sweep today,not so much the actual sweep (although I cringe at the thought) but I'm dreading her sayin that my cervix is too high or completely closed etc.

What r the success rates with sweeps? A lot of ppl I know have said they went 9 days over so I suppose that 2 days after sweep would have been done but not really sure xx

Last edited:
morning emma, hope it works for you today. i discussed this with midwife at last appt and she feels that later sweeps are more successfull than if you are only a few days overdue. i didnt have one last week because of this but am booked to see her tuesday so may opt for one then. let us no how u get on hun xx

Thanks,my appt is at half 12 so gonna have a relaxin mornin although I'm still throwin up-don't feel sick til I eat or drink then Im sick shortly afterwards-not sure if it's a sign or not x

I had 3 sweeps, one on my due date, one at 5 days over and one at 9 days over. The day after the third sweep I went into labour naturally, and gave birth at 12 days over (the day they'd booked me in for induction!). The midwife did say at the first two that my cervix was still posterior but was about 1cm both times. She didn't think the first two would work but did it anyway as in her words, "every little helps!"

Good luck!

good luck Emma I didn't make it to my sweep so can't help but hope it goes well xxx

I've never had one but I really really hope it works and that you will def go into labour within 48 hours!

When I had a sweep at 5 days overdue with my daughter, she wasn't even able to do it! I was so disappointed :(

I was contracting at the time as well, had been for like 2/3 days. She said I needed to go to the loo an advised Senakot!! I never had a clearout before labour but she thought that would make progress. Still went 8 days over after 5 days of solid contractions.

Sounds like your body definitely preparing hun, dont think you'll be waiting too much longer a I think the sweep will really help at this stage :)

i had my little one the day after my 2nd sweep :) lets hope you go in the same way. didnt think youd go this overdue emma! x

I think it varies from person to person. I am 9 days overdue today and had my 2nd sweep yesterday. Other than period pains being increased nothing promising has happened yet, for me.

I do know friends who have gone into labour a few hours after a sweep though. It all depends on where your baby is stationed and whether your cervix is in the right place.

All the best for today, let us know how it goes xxx

Just got back,she couldn't effectively do it cos cervix closed at babys end (just managed a fingertip) cervix posterior but reachable. Booked in for induction on Tuesday unless bed cones available on Monday xx

Just got back,she couldn't effectively do it cos cervix closed at babys end (just managed a fingertip) cervix posterior but reachable. Booked in for induction on Tuesday unless bed cones available on Monday xx

That's great Emma, you really don't have long now!! Enjoy your last weekend of peace :)

Aw, that's a shame, but at least you have a definite date now. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back