Out of hiding!!

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Still here.... needed to take a little break from PF as emotionally I was struggling due to my long irregular cycles. I gave up doing my daily opk's after 5 weeks couldnt bear to see another negative results and just needed to go back to some sort of normality!!

So last week went to the loo Wednesday evening and bugger mine there was some ewcm, so I grabbed a First Response OPK and there it was my first ever positive test :dance:..... so ran downstairs grabbed hubby and got straight at it!!

So I am now officially in my 2WW and trying my hardest not to symptom spot!!

The other good news is that if we are not pregnant this month then at least I know that I am due AF in two weeks and once that comes then I can arrange to have my 21 day blood tests and hopefully get an answer to why my cycles are so screwy!!

Sorry for the long post ladies just relieved that things arent totally broken!!

Just have a quick question, I got my postive test on Wednesday so would I count that as 1 dpo or would I count Thursday as 1 dpo as they say ovulation occurs 24 - 36 hours after you get a positive test result ???

YAY - at last a positive OPK and glad your OH was around to erm assist lol..... Must be such a relief to you knowing that your body is working, even if a bit erratic!! Enjoy your 2ww - sprinkling loads of baby dust your way!!

I was starting to wonder where you had gotten to Vicky :)

I'm glad you're alright and had a nice break from PF - it takes a lot of effort not to log in regularly when it's become a bit of a habit.

Glad you got your positive OPK too :good:

It's a tricky question Vicky, but i can only assume that anyone that using OPKs counts their surge as ovualtion, because that is the earliest it might happen even though it might not actually be when it happened.

So, i'd count Thursday as 1 DPO and today you are 5 DPO ;)

Yes it is a massive relief Tracey and thanks for the baby dust really hope it works.

Ahhhhhh Louise my PF Guru... still here just needed a time out... can always count on you for help and advice, I find this whole dpo thing very tricky I suppose if I go on longest case scenario of a 16 day LH phase then I cant go to wrong.

Hope we all have some really great news for Christmas.. baby dust to all x

Hi Im cd40!!! and 5dpo at the moment (if I got my ov right but god knows) the daily opks will get to me soon I know it, its starting already. Wishing you dust xxx

Hi Geminiblue

Seems our cycles a similair I am on CD 49 and 5 dpo (I think).... we should be due to test around the same time x

yeah my last cycle was 70days! anyway keep me posted and I will you too. Im due to test on 10th I think? x

I dont know how long my LH phase is so going to add a few extra days on to my testing date, going to go for 13th.. but thinking I might not bother with any tests until the 15th.

Good luck Vicki (and Gemini!)
So glad you got your OV; I am worried I will be waiting for mine too as last cycle was 57 days and this is the first month I am using OPKs - eeeek!
Baby dust and hoping you get your BFP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back