Out of breath

Emma58

Reaction score
I felt like this a few weeks ago and over the past few days it seems to have returned. I am out of breath all the time. I'm sure it is my lungs getting squashed because where the top of my bump is feels a bit tight.

I can't sit with my feet curled up under me on the settee as that makes it worse and i've also noticed it's quite bad when i get up in a morning.

Anyone else getting this?

im quite bad if i walk up and down stairs not to bad just sitting around though
:hug:
manda xx

Sometimes even when I am just sat down i don't so much feel out of breath but my chest feels a bit tight and wheezy.

Whenever i'm sitting i'm out of breath. It's because all of the contents of your abdomen are pushed up into your lungs by the baby, so you can't take a full breath in. MAke you feel breathless, it's not nice :hug:

im having trouble with the breathing , especially when i take beth to school :( Its only a 5 minute walk (pre preggers) but now its a 20 minute walk :shock: i timed it, i am that sad, lol. By the time i get there, im all huffing and puffing like a good 'un. That, and im having to stop every few steps as the baby seems to be resting on my bladder all the time and im walking funny, :rotfl: the joys of pregnancy :D

Anemia can cause this too......so you might want to get checked out.

I got it and was very slightly anemic and i used rescue remedy to help as i started to feel panicky :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I feel breathless, but mainly at night after dinner. I think it is when everything is squashed up and after eating it's just worse. Try draping yourself over a birthing ball or getting on all fours as it seems to help a lot and takes the pressure off that area.

Like debbie mines after tea too :( think it's because he has a big bum :(

Totally normal, I suffered really badly with this at around 30-34 wks. I was out of breath all the time to the point where I wanted to cry :cry: I couldn't make it up and down the stairs without wanting to faint and sitting on the couch was plain unpleasant. I found the best way to relieve it was to sit hugging a pillow and leaning forward or getting on all fours with my bum slightly elevated. Once your baby drops/starts engaging the problem goes away...you just get other things to replace it...sore pelvis, back ache...oh the joys of pregnancy :roll:

I used to get it quite a lot, yes. After hitting 35/36 weeks I got some relief on that front... so hang in there!

me.. I get this.
I was a little worried that I was just unfit... as well as being pregnant :lol:

If I go up a steep flight of steps... out of breath..
Run up my stairs at home.. out of breath
Swimming.. doing 10 lenghts.. out of breath
Walking, (pretty fastly) to work, for 6-8 mins.. Out of breath.

Still.. I just intend to sit very still now.....

Evening time I seem to just feel 'stuffed' .. round my rib area...

Good innit... only a few more weeks......

:dance:

x

I get it too, especially after eating. I can't run up stairs, I have to plod and then sit down and get my breath. I have anaemia too which seems to add to it.

Its poo isn't it :| i have only noticed it again the last few days

I cant breathe either, I feel like a 90yr old :? Everything of mine is squished!!!

hello
i get it too and im slightly anemic too
it is scary, big gulps of fresh air help
take care x

:x :x I am really tight chested today it's driving me mad. It's beginning to make me feel really anxious now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back