i can't breath!!

sarah2807

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this? I'll just be sat down watching TV or something then all of a sudden feel like I can't breath. :shock:

I don't have asmah or anything but it's how I would imagine an asmah (sp??) attack to start!

I'm asuming it's just LO pushing up into my lungs or something so there's no space.
When I mentioned it to the midwife she said other pregnant women have said it, but she suggests I go to see the doctor.
I don't want to waste the doctors time tho if it's just another common pregnancy thing.
What does everyone think? :D

ive had this when baby is pushing up on my ribcage/ lungs, i find it hard to sit upright and tend to slouch for this reason

sayin that it might still be worth gettin it checked out hun just incase x

I had this a week or so ago, in the middle of the night. Woke up virtually unable to breathe, excruciating pain across my chest and upper back. Really frightening, I was in tears it was so painful. Think it must have just been position of baby squashing everything up, probably mixed with heartburn!! It lasted a while but did manage to just breathe through it. Haven't had it since. Hope yours passes as I know how uncomfortable it is :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

I had this a week or so ago, in the middle of the night. Woke up virtually unable to breathe, excruciating pain across my chest and upper back. Really frightening, I was in tears it was so painful. Think it must have just been position of baby squashing everything up, probably mixed with heartburn!! It lasted a while but did manage to just breathe through it. Haven't had it since. Hope yours passes as I know how uncomfortable it is :hug: :hug: :hug:

I get it a couple of times a day for no apparent reason! I can have been sitting quite comfortably and then suddenly it feels harder to breathe - not like I can't breathe but that it's a lot more work!

Miffy you said it 3 times :lol: bless you :hug:

sound like baby being a monkey and pushing your lungs by pressing on your ribs
but id agree with the mid wife still go to the docs and get it cheked out hun just to be on the safe side
Hope baby moves of your ribs and gives you some relife :hug:
sarah :hug:

I get a slight out of breath type feeling every now and then, its not enough to concern me and not painful, just makes me feel like i've just done a quick spurt of running, or cant quite take a deep enough breath.

Theres no harm in asking a doctor about it, i personally hate seeing mine as they make me feel like i'm making it all up regardless, but it is technically thier job to check your ok and make you feel better. I doubt your someone who's in every week cos of the sniffles so i wouldnt worry about "wasting their time" they get paid enough for it anyway :lol:

Though it cannot come into my brain, there is something in pregnancy (other than babies position) that can cause breathlessness. Maybe this is what is in your MW's mind. You would never be wasting the docs time. It is what they are there for.

There is also the fact that our heart and lungs simply have to work that much harder. My resting pulse has been between 100-120 in late pregnancy :shock: It is usually 70-80....So, I am not surprised i feel breathless sometimes. It makes me feel agitated when it happens though :(

Hope yours sorts for you soon :)

iv had this for quite a while now, always waking up during the night gasping for breath aswell. i hink my little un's got a big bum :lol: doesn't help now he's so big and doesn't want to engage because i was relying on it to give me a little more room to breathe. i find if i lay on my side its easier to breathe tho

Im breathless every day now...not surprising due to the size of my baby and the fact hes sitting very high up and still hasnt dropped down in my pelvis! i get lots of pressure under my ribs too.

If it is bad enough to worry you then id say nip in to speak to your GP.

I find myself being very moody and agitated when i feel out of breath (esp from just sitting down! :x ) but it passes after a while if i change position. :D

Sorry for my repetitive post!!!! Not going mad (yet!) - my computer froze so I kept bashing the keys in my impatience! :wall: :wall: :wall:

It sounds similar to what some of the other girls have described. I'm sure it's just another annoying pregnancy thing!! :evil:
I think it must be baby sitting too high cos she does push my ribs a lot and stick her bum out under my ribs!
It comes and goes tbh.
Might go to the doctors and see what he says tmw?? :think:

I've had this a lot and I also have asthma and the feelings are quite similar apart from with asthma you feel like your chest is getting really tight from all directions and with pregnancy it feels like baby is pushing up into your lungs. I'd get it checked out just incase, especially as asthma can develop at any time. In the meantime when you get it try leaning forward and resting you arms against you knees, this takes the a lot of the weight off your chest making it easier to breathe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back