Out of breath....

jellybean

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm just wondering whether anyone else seems to be out of breath at the slightest thing? This is my second pregnancy, but I dont remember feeling like this so early on with my first. I am no where near as fit as I was when I had my little boy 2and a half years ago, but I seem to be out of breath at even the thought of anything remotely strenious like going up the stairs nearly kills me!! I did mention this to the midwife and she said its normal due to the extra blood circulation, but I am seriously starting to think that a gym membership may be in order:shock:!!

I definitely get out of breath a lot easier, I thought that by giving up smoking I would feel awesome but I don't, I feel terrible! Admittedly I'm not very fit, but it's definitely got worse since being pregnant

Im the same mine happens even when im layin in bed i have trouble breathing. x

Same. Found myself pure panting and sweating walking up the hill to the shops which I could usually run up and not flinch.

im the same out of breath for the slightest thing

Have you had your iron levels checked recently? My iron levels are low even when I'm not pregnant and the first symptom I have in pregnancy is being out of breath. Get your MW or GP to get a full blood count done - it might be as simple as taking some irons tablets.

Thank you ladies, its reasurring to know that I'm not alone!! I actually didnt even think of iron levels-good point. I have just moved to Malta though and they do things so differently here, I don't think they even do iron levels as I'm sure when I went for my first check up the mw said that they automatically give iron tablets out at 26weeks?!

I had my bloods taken last Monday, it included a full blood count but I've not heard anything so assume all was OK! They took 5 vials of blood and are taking another 2 on Thursday grrrrrrrr.....

my gp told me that iron tablets can be dangerous if your iron isnt low because too much iron is as dangerous as too little so i would get second opinion... 5 vials - didnt you faint lol?? xxx

Im pretty fit and yet Im finding myself breathing heavier after slight exertion like climbing the stairs - its extra blood for sure with me, I remember having it late in my pregnancy last time, felt as if my legs would fall off at the top of the stairs!

Yes I remember feeling like this late on in my last pregnancy-almost like there was not enough room in there for me to take a proper breath! I was just abit concerned as this is so early on, mind you, in saying that, I am already showing and I didn't start showing until I was over 5mths last time, so I guess I am just having to go with the 'every pregnancy is different' attitude! As for the iron tablets, I have my next appointment and scan in a week so I will find out exactly what the script is with the bloods as I remember having gallons taken last time!!!

I just walked up to the shops there, you'd think I was doing a marathon or something. Got so out of breath and dizzy. I only remember this way later on last time too. The cold weather probably doesnt help much.

I got really breathless initially, I figured that it was my body just adapting, and I suppose with the tiredness just makes ur body work a bit harder :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back