• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Our Kitty :-(

ema-lou24

Reaction score
Well i posted up elsewhere, s i thought i would start a thread.

On sunday morning our cat Suki was acting oddly, panting like a dog. We had our suspisions that she was maybe expecting some kittens. So we went and followed her up the stairs and she was hidden under a chest of drawers! We pulled the bottom drawer out to find her all curled up and a dead 8"long kitten!
WE called the vet and he told us to keep an eye on her etc, she went and ate more food and some water and she was fine, left the kitten and followed us around the house like a lost puppy dog.
But then the panting started again, so i went up 2 bed for a while and she lay next to me sleeping for a good few hours, then through the night too, she curled up to my OH. We woke up to drops of blood on the sheets so we took her straight to the vets.

He suspected there was another kitten still in there, and probably dead. So he needed to do an emergency c-section and also remove her womb at the same time. He said she had a 90% survival rate so we werent worried.

I went off to a meeting for my work (yeah promotion), came home to find my OH in tears on the couch saying Suki is gone...i was like WTF?!

Turns out the baby kitten that was inside her had stopped developing at around 6weeks and had started to malform, whereas the bigger kitten that had been delivered in the drawers had taken all the nutritian it needed, but didnt survive. So she survived the operation, came round, but then all of a sudden went blue (vets words) and passed away, they reckon that the dead kitten inside her gave her septiciemia...so shes had this is her bloodstream for a good 4weeks or so, but no1 wouldve known :-(

She was 10years old, so in a way a good age, but still feels like her lifes been cut short as she was a happy healthy cat.
Im so pissed at myself, we shouldnt have let her get pregnant, but she was always a house cat so never seen the need to get her done.

I think its the shock of it really, i never doubted for a 2nd this would happen, with this routine operation, then its all the silly things she done that we are missing.
I used to get annoyed at her walking over my lappy while i was typing, but id give anything for her to do it now. She would lie at my sons bed till he was asleep then come through to our room and sleep on my pillow at my head, 2night its going to feel odd.
I couldnt bring myself to tell my son, so my OH did it and i dont know how he kept it together, i was a blubbering mess! My son took it ok, but soon burst out in tears, he said he just wants her back for 1 night.
Suki's sister is lost without her, but its weird cos now shes in my sons room, guarding him.

So all in all, weve lost 3 cats in the space of 24hours.

I cant stop crying, i know its silly but she wasnt just a cat, she was our family and we treated her like a little baby lol, i used to all ways say "hello darling" when she would come to me...this is so hard :-(

Well heres our girl. R.I.P Suki (we have our tattoos booked on wednesday to get her paw print) xx

2f64a657.jpg

i dont really have anything i can add to this really.. but feel i must reply, its taken a few mins to see the keys min you thanks to yet again me sitting blubbering like a big girl!

Having to break the news to wull was almost as hard as being told my wee suki has been taken away from me... words can not describe how i feel right now, numb is prob the closest i can think off really...

someone said to me earlyer, ur get over it.. shes only a cat...

NO shes not only a cat.. she was MY cat, i have had her for 10 years. she was only 6 weeks old when i first held her and she has been with me through everything.. Sophie and Suki have never been apart for more than 30mins in there full lives.. so this is going to be hard on her too...

ema has asked me to post a pic of Sophie too so here she is :)
42d22b8b.jpg

anyway.. im just blabbering a load o emotions here so ill shut up :)

thanks for listening tho :)

Last edited:
Give her an extra big hug tonight, I know I will be giving my cat one.

xxxx

they are both so beautiful, sophie is kind of lost at the moment because as stu said, they have never been apart in the whole 10years, they were inseperable.

I miss her white nose and white hitler tash :)

I'm so sorry guys!! Pets are part of the family so of course your upset!! Their gorgous cats too!! R.I.P suki x x x

:-( Really sorry for your loss :hug:

We've had our cat, Zuri for just over 6 months (we rescued her, she's only about 18months though) and i'd be devastated if anything happened to her :-( Even if she does act as though we don't exist 99% of the time! lol x

Oh sweetie what a sad story :(

At least you got a good ten cat years with her, and she sounded like a very happy and contented cat

much love xx

Aww hun I'm sorry! I know I'd be devastated if it was any of my cats. Huge hugs! X

So sorry guys - pets really do become part of the family so this must be really hard on u all - big hugs xxx

Aw big hugs x anyone who could say 'it's only a cat' obviously doesn't understand! No they're not 'only a cat', they're a fully fledged member of the family! I've had mickey for 4 years and would be absolutely distraught if something happened to him! I worry about him nearly as much as I worry about DD! x x lots of love guys x x

Aww Ema she's beautiful!! As is Sophie!

We have 6 cats (Cleo, Zippy, Smudge, Felix, Baros & Benji) and love every single one of them to bits! 1 of ours just came home this morning after being missing for 4 days and we were so pleased to see her so I can't imagine what your going through.

xxx

Oh I am so sorry for you both. How awful, and poor Suki and her kittens.

im so so sorry ems im really heartbroken for you both i have cats and they are such a huge part of my life so big hugs to you both xxxx

Aw bless. :hug: so sorry to hear this. Cats do become a big part of the family and have their own wee personalities. Such sad news :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back