Our destiny has arrived

Welshhunniexx

Reaction score
Well while our little angel is asleep, i thought i would let you guys know how i got on. its quite a read and a bit off putting but worth every minute now.

Monday 23rd I went in to be induced, after all the normal checks, i had the pessary inserted. all was quiet till around 6pmish when i started to get tightening pains in my lower abdo. got checked and was having small irregular contractions. they really kicked in by midnight and bubbs heartbeat kept rising to over 170. MW got concerned and took out the pessary, heartbeat went back to normal but i was in agony. painkillers wernt working and i broke down in tears begging them to let my OH come back, but they wouldnt.
He came in the next day and contractions were coming and going untill they decided at around 6pm that they were taking me to the labour ward to break my waters. I was still in agony at this point and the pain was coming from my foof, not the abdo. I started to feel sick and was passed a bowl, nothing came up so i moved the bowl, tried sitting up more and it just came out. all over me, the bed and the machinary. so embarassing but OH cleaned me up and i go back on the bed. they managed to break my waters but they were really close to babies head and hardly any came out.

They then wanted to put the epidural in, which took 45 mins to get in as they had to try 6 times to insert it. once it was in it gave relief to my tummy but NOT the pain in my foof, which def felt like contractions. her heartbeat shot up again and they said they would do a c-section. we got everything sorted only for them to come back and say as the heartbeat had gone down, i didnt need the section. At this point, i broke down in tears and literally begged them for a section. i couldnt cope with the pain in my foof and started to have a panic attack. The surgeon tried putting me off by going over and over the risks but i was determined by now. signed the consent form and was taken to surgery.

To start off with, they tried giving me a stronger epi but that only numbed little bits of me, also was still getting that agonising pain. they then had to do spinal block, agian taking a few attempts to get it in. Finally i was numb and ready and they got to work.

Destiny Anwyn River Scott was born 11:30pm on Tuesday 24th April, weighing in at 7lb 2oz. She is a lil doll tbh, size 1 nappies dont fit her and sh looks so tiny. Glad to be home and resting now, just in pain from the surgery, but i can cope with that.
not everyone has trouble, but i did. if i wasn't so sure about not wanting anymore children, this would def had put me off :cry:

Congratulations , you did brilliantly , enjoy your little girlsXX

Congratulations! You got there in the end! Well done!

thank you all. i feel so stupid though and kinda feel like a wuss that i couldnt cope. loving our little girl loads and shes great! hubby has got more pics of her on his phone so il get some more pics up soon xx

DSC00972.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00979.jpg
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member