Molly may o'sullivan arrived 1st of may on her due date.

hannahbet20

Reaction score
molly arrived 1st of may 7.31 she weighed 8lbs exactly .

after going to bed thinking shes not going to come and that i was going to go overdue, i woke at 2am in pain i didnt want to get excited as i had had bad braxton hix so i just tried to go back to sleep but it didnt work the pain got stronger.

i got up at about 2.30 am and had a bath the contractions were about 5 minutes apart not coming closer together so i still though they must be braxton hix but the pain got worse and they continued 5 minutes apart until 4.00 am so i called the hospital and emailed my mum in australia, they told me to come in when i was ready.

my oh kept trying to call his dad and my brother but couldn't get hold of them so i had to go in on my own as lee had to watch the children.

it was really scary as he had always been with me during the labour of my other two but convinced he would get hold of his dad eventually i went in.

everything calmed down when i got to hospital at about 4.30 the contactions didn't seem very strong and they were still 5 mins apart, i started to worry that it wasnt real labour.

the midwife examined me and said i wasnt very dilated at all, but looked in my notes for my last two and it was the same when i came into hospital with them and i had my little boy kye within 3 hrs of arriving in hospital.

so she left me on my own for a while no gas and air just breathing through my contractions i sat on the bed until she came back and brought a machine to monitor contractions and babies heartbeat,
just as she said the contractions weren't showing very much i had a really strong one and then they started coming so quick it shocked me maybe it was the examination which jolted them?

puffing on the gas and air i quickly started to get a slight urge to push crossing my legs she called in a student midwife who came in and held my hand, puffing away through my intense contractions i started pushing
and as molly came into view they shouted stop pushing pant pant, molly had her arms wrapped around her head and they were afraid id ripp but its hard to stop mid-push, they manouvered her and she came out really fast they popped her straight on my tummy and she was perfect she looked big compared to my other two.

the midwife asked if i wanted to cut my own cord as i was quite alert so i did which was a weird experiance, i called my oh on the midwifes phone his dad had just arrived they were on there way.

shame he couldn't be there but when they did arrive jake and kye were a bit shocked to see mummy in a bed with a baby my youngest kye was a bit jealous but jake was excited to see his little sister.

and thats mollys birth story sorry its a bit long winded i could go on for ages. im really glad shes here she my perfect little girl xhannah

Aww yay!
congratulations hun
welcome to the world molly
lovely name xx

Fantastic, sounds like the sorta birth id like to have! Bet your so proud, welcome Molly xxx

congratulations and well done hun :D :D
molly is a lovely name :D
xx

That's a fab birth story! Congratulations and welcome Molly (cute name) :D

A big congratulations.

Welcome to the world Molly.

What time and how much did she weigh?

Congrats hun that sounds like a great birth

What a great story, congratulations on the arrival of baby Molly. Love to you all xx

fam11.gif

Congratulations! :clap:
Welcome baby Molly.
Emilia xx

Congratulations!! :D

Molly is the name we've chosen for our LO when she gets here!!

Great choice! You obviously have good taste!

Well Done, hope you're both doing well.

bcbbgirl.gif
bcbbgirl.gif
bcbbgirl.gif
bcbbgirl.gif

Congratulations on the Birth of baby Molly! - Hope you are both doing well. I bet your two boys are over the moon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back