our boys name has upset everyone we know

mrs h

Reaction score
hi everyone my husband and i struggled for ages to find a different name for our son and we came up with Judah
when we told family and friends they were not best pleased and kept suggesting other names we should have and why didnt we go with other names we had mentioned.
This really upset us as not one person commented that they liked the name and it seemed to spoil the announcing of his name and the next child we have we will keep it secret till he/she is born so we dont have to go through that again

thats awfull, sod them hes your son. you like the name thats all that matters it is unusual and i wont lie not one id of thought of but still a nice name and unusual names are always the best, :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's up to you what you call your own son and they shouldn't have said they didn't like it unless you asked their opinion.

mrs h said:
hi everyone my husband and i struggled for ages to find a different name for our son and we came up with Judah
when we told family and friends they were not best pleased and kept suggesting other names we should have and why didnt we go with other names we had mentioned.
This really upset us as not one person commented that they liked the name and it seemed to spoil the announcing of his name and the next child we have we will keep it secret till he/she is born so we dont have to go through that again

and that is exactly why me and OH havent told ANYBODY the names we have chosen, though nobody knows its a boy i think we should tell everyone if its a girl we are gonna call her beatrice :rotfl:

at the end of the day, if you like it stuff what anyone else thinks, why is it everyone seems to think they have some right over the names you choose??? its downright annoying

I got the same with my boy, no-one wanted him to be called Sam, but he's my baby and he got the name i chose, sod them :D

Nothing wrong with the name Sam though. It's the child people need to think about not themselves or other people. What nicknames they could be given in school, etc. There are so names I really don't like, I just don't give my opinion if there is a thread asking on here. lol

Well, I've got a very unusual name, and I've absolutely LOVED having it all my life!! People always get the pronunciation and spelling wrong, but it doesn't stop me loving my name! I just politely correct them. It's been a great conversation starter and people always comment on how pretty it is. So don't let the fact that a name is unusual put you off giving it to your baby, they might thank you one day!!

xxx

KJ said:
Well, I've got a very unusual name, and I've absolutely LOVED having it all my life!! People always get the pronunciation and spelling wrong, but it doesn't stop me loving my name! I just politely correct them. It's been a great conversation starter and people always comment on how pretty it is. So don't let the fact that a name is unusual put you off giving it to your baby, they might thank you one day!!

xxx

EXACTLY! well said :clap: the world would be a boring place if we all went for one of the top 50 'safe' options (although I appreciate some of the popular names are lovely). I really feel the 'being teased at school' excuse is so flimsy. Anything goes nameswise (with VERY few exceptions...Gaylord for example :wink: )these days, and bullies really don't need a reason anyway.

My family spent the whole of my pregnancy grimacing whenever I mentioned our name choice. They love it now though, just took some getting used to.

Believe me, once your LO arrives and everyone gets to know him, they'll wonder how he could ever have been called anything else! :D

Minxy said:
Believe me, once your LO arrives and everyone gets to know him, they'll wonder how he could ever have been called anything else! :D

totally agree with u minxy!!!

I called my Daughter (who is now 8 )
LAURIE
Knew a man called the same at the
time but just loved it soo much it didnt
matter to me that everyone MIL and own FATHER
thought we should think of a different name.
Needless to say we didnt and as the other girls
say we (and everyone else) couldnt imagine her
being anything else.

:cry: We decided on Lawrance but people said they did not like it so we changed it to oliver! :oops: Its his middle name now. I wished I had stuck with Lawrance as its different.

jade

KJ said:

xxx

what is your name hun :)

i get so many coments about Dior. firstly i hate it when people think i called her Dior because its a designer name :roll: and secondly people can never say it correct.
and people say Harley is a girls name

i agree its your baby, you should be able to call him what you want and if you like it then its your choice,
i think its a lovely name =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back