Ouch :(

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by saralou5, Feb 18, 2012.

1. saralou5

saralou5 Well-Known Member

I don't know about any of you ladies, but my hips and my lower back are absolute agony at the minute! :(
    If I sit in one place for too long I can barely walk once I get up and even when I've been up and moving for a while I still have issues with stairs and steps. Even kirbs! :(
    I've tried paracetamol but that didn't work, warm baths just make them ache more once I get out into the 'cold' again. Any home remedies anyone can recommend or even positions to sit/lay in would be received with large amounts of gratitude!
    At least baby's growing :D

[​IMG]

2. BellaRiven

BellaRiven Well-Known Member

I get this too and having an office job makes it worse...the only way I have found to ease it is to make sure I move every half hour, it's a pain but there's less pain if you catch my drift!!

It could also be an early onset of SPD so keep an eye out on it :) xxxx

3. K80

K80 Well-Known Member

Buy a fitness ball to sit on! I've not bought one quite yet but def will soon. They're supposed to work magic on a bad back. It helps balance out the weight evenly supposedly. Fingers crossed it eases up a bit for you (before it likely gets worse again nearer to 40 weeks!!)

4. saralou5

saralou5 Well-Known Member

Good plan, I'll try and keep myself moving!

Ooooh I never even thought of SPD. I'll keep a watch on it, if it gets worse I'll go see my MW :).

xx

5. leesey

leesey Well-Known Member

Definitely keep an eye on it, this is how I started and found out on Thursday it's definitely SPD.

If it gets any worse for you get yourself referred to a pregnancy physio asap xx

6. jacy90

jacy90 Well-Known Member

I had similar, could hardly walk! Fitness/Birthing balls are a godsend, and you need to make sure that you don't slouch when sitting, because it's usually about where baby is laying. The straighter ur back is, the more likely baby will go into a more comfortable position for you. Try and make sure your knees don't go above your hips, especially in bed! I've changed my positionings and it's got loads better!

7. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

I had seriously sore hips and lower back a few weeks ago but it eased itself. But now, at least once a day I get a really bad dull ache in my lower back that can last up to about an hour.

If it gets any worse, go see ur doc xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk