Migranes!

xkikix

Reaction score
When I was in my late teens I used to get migranes quite regually usually a couple of days before I was due on, then they went completely. However in the past 3 weeks i've had 2 :( they are absolute agony, I had one yesterday and Chris had to take the day off work. I was in agony!!!

Do you think its related to me having a baby? Any anyone got any remedies or on any precription drugs for them?

I usually take Migramax which work ok-ish xxxxxxxx

hi hun..i have sever migraines that can come once every weekly lasting from 24-36 hours :shock: i get blurred vsion then zig zages then the vomiting/killer headache so i know how u feel :hug:

as i get thenm regular like you do i have tried many drigs as a "preventative" like beta blockers but they failed so im now on a drug that is used for depression but works in preventing migraines - so far i havent had one in a few months i also have a tablet that i have to take as soon as i get the first sign of a migraine this stops it going into a full attack these are very good as well - so it is worth seeing ur gp as when u have a baby to care for you just cant go to bed for a few hours !!!

here are my prescriptoin drugs:

preventative - taken daily - Amitriptyline 10mg once a day

attack prevention - taken on onset of attack - Nargamig 2.5mg (medical name naratriptan hydrochloride)

so ask your doctor for at least nargamig as they do stop the full attack my MIL is also on them for regular migraines and they help her alot too both drugs can make u feel drowsy but its better than a killer head

also when u have a bad migraine - have a drink of coke i do this evry time and not only does it kill the sickness but also kills the head - the theory behind it is most people avoid caffine in a migraine as it is a trigger for some BUT it also triggers a chemical in the brain that helps even out the blood vessles in the head..so thats worth a try it works for me

let me know if u see ur GP , and what he/she says :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i find the only way to get rid of mine is to lie down in a quiet DARK room (as dark as possible) and do it before i get the headache- do it as soon as i see the flashing lights.

co-codamol is good, can even get it without scrip (only 8mg tho)

nurofen do migrane tablets now hubby brought them by accident they do help my bad headaches maybe worth a shot
:hug: :hug:
xx

I get bad cluster migraines. I get blurry vision, vomittingCo-Codamol helps a bit but when I've got a big one it doesn't do anything. I was at my doctors when I got a major migraine so the doctor gave me pure oxygen and it was a miracle worker. I now I have to go to my doctors whenever I get one to get the oxygen, not very good when you have to take a baby with you as well so for now I am just sticking with Co-Codamol and trying to muddle through it.

During the pregnancy they weren't too bad, I rarely got a migraine but they've came back quite regular (about 3 times a week lasting from 2 hours to 24 hours!) since having Aimee. No idea what starts them off. :(

It might be related to having a baby because I've never suffered from migraines before and now it's happening too often and they're really bad (spots of light, blurred vision, dizziness, feeling sick...). Got an appointment at the GP's on Monday to try and do something about it :wall:

Oh hunny how you feeling now? :hug:
Im also used to get blinding mirgaines as a kid stress related
having a kid is stressful espeacial if thier keeping you up and screaming i know
:roll:
I found a cold flannel over the face soothing music and sitting back relaxing did me wonders
but its hard to find the time to indulge like this i found the NUROFEN mirgainre tablets wonderful when ive had the odd migraine lately
and the headaxe stick you rub it on your head it leaves a cool pleasent tingling sensation and it dose work

I hope your feelng a bit better :hug:

Nice to know I'm not the only one, I have suffered with migraines since I was 11 I then gave up chocolate and cheese. I still suffered from them quite reguarlary so at 18 I gave up msg, dairy/lactose. This was fine and I never suffered a attack unless I got a virus until I got pregnant I suffered from a few whilst pregnant and one which got me admitted to hospital for dehydration! I suffer from flashing lights/blindness, sickness, numbness down whole half body and lose the ability to make sense!
After the birth I was ok for a year or so with just occasional random ones where as this year they have started to come more regulary and I believe they are hormonal always around ovulation time. I have been to the gp a few times now I have tried naramig and all the prevent attack drugs to no avail. I have seen a neurologist who recomended not using naramig type drugs and that I just had them on my genes!
So I tend to just stick to painkillers. I have been back since and have now been prescribed co-codamol and tramadol which I'm sure will knock me for six!

Sorry for going on but loving the idea of a glass of coke, will have to try that and my suggestion is I take herbal supplements feverfew and magnesium which I do beleive make a difference on the severity of them on some people it can stop them altogether.

I'm also glad to know someone else is on the anti-depressant drug as when my doc suggested trying this I was a bit weirded out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back