Opting for a c-section

Welshhunniexx

Reaction score
Hey ladies

im 6 months pregnant now and iv been thinking more and more about labour lately. with my 1st, i had to have an emerg c-section as after 10 hours of really bad contractions, i had only dilated 2cm and was totally distressed. apparantly no female on my mums side have dilated and all needed c-sections.

my mw has said that they will try vbac but if nothing in 4 hours, it will be a section. thing is i am getting really worried that i wont dilate again and will have to have a c-section anyway.
can i just opt for a section due to the dilating problem and severe spd? i also now suffer with severe anxiety and panic when im surrounded by alot of people in a strange place.

also, if i do have a c-section, when are they likely to do it?

thank you for any help x

Hi hun I tried vbac with my second!! Wish I'd never bothered at all! My first labour was 28 hours before they took me off for an emergency c section and they promised me second time round they would not leave me as long, well it ended up being 23 hours and I just begged them to get her out in the end! But then my hospital is absolute shite!! It puts me off ever having any more, I'm sure if you stressed all your concerns and really told them you have made your mind up, I think they usually take you in a day or two before your due date... I think :) hope this helps x

im having to have a c section and my doctor midwife and many other members of staff at lincoln (bit of a melt down lots of tissues and tears) have told me that if thats what you want or need thats what you get, and you cant be bullied into anything you dont want, in other words if you want an elective c section, speak to your m/w or doc, and ask for a meeting with the anesthatist, tell them this is what you want and dont take any bull, blackburn (where i was first, iv recently moved back to lincoln) tried to tell me it wasnt poss. just goes to show, the customer is always right lmao good luck sweets xxxx

I had emergency section with my first after 26 hours of failed labour from an early induction at 38 weeks. I hade gestational diabetes and can't go full term. This time I was asked would I like a section I looked at both a vbac with induction and a section. I choose to have a section at 38 weeks and if I go early then I will try for a natural birth. My consultant agreed and wrote it down. They asked me at 12 weeks :O x

Last edited:
Thanks all. im going to express my concerns when i see her next. already have an aneathatist app in feb, bit confused as to why if mw really wanted me to go for vbac. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back