OPK Rookie

bbs4us

Reaction score
So I have been using OPKs since CD9 and I'm now on CD12. I just barely read online that they are best used at 2pm but can be used anywhere from noon to 8 and be ok. But I have been using them first thing when I wake in the morning at about 5:30 am. :-/ I don't think I have OVed yet because CM isn't dry yet (sorry TMI). But I'm worried I may have missed the surge. Gonna test tonight when we get home from the roadtrip back from Las Vegas even though it will be about 9pm. Have been doing SMEP this cycle but hope I didn't miss the OV! Have any of you ladies had positive OPK first thing in the morning?

Last edited:
Hey Hun. You probably haven't missed your surge judging by your cm. And your cycle day- how long usually are your cycles? It is true that its best to test in the afternoon. It takes your body a few hours to release the hormone from waking up or something like that (sorry that isn't very clear!) I did test in mornings before due to my odd shift pattern working as a nurse but it just wasn't accurate and i ended up spending a fortune using so many sticks to recheck as i always knew by my cm that i was ovulating and was using OPK to confirm. You do need to give your body a few hours after waking up. Also what's really important (sorry if you already know this) is not to drink for a couple of hours before as if your wee is diluted it won't pick up. Hope this helps :) xxx

I got my positive opk the cycle I conceived my daughter at 9am - not first morning urine tho.

I had ++ opk for 3 days in a row last cycle so it would have picked up the 2 mornings following the intitial one.

I test at lunchtime and again at 8pm if I'm close to when I think I should ov.

Hi love

Everyone is different and have different opinions. I tested with my opks morning noonish and night, always kind of went with my first one of the day though as if I was out the rest of the day or something and couldnt test. As long as you havent pee'd for 3-4 hours you'll get a result when your due one.

Some people say you cant test with FMU but I got my BFP my second month so I must have been doing something right lol xxx

Hiya hun,

if you are doing SMEP (as well as OPKs) then at least you know you won't miss your oppotunity as you would have dtd anyway :) I usually do what Rednursie said ^^ do them once /day usually when I get in from work around 4.30pm then when I notice my CM has changed from dry to wet/egg white I start using them twice / day... good luck getting your head around using them :) hope you ov soon xx

Rednursie - my cycles are usually 29-31 days but last cycle was 36 days. I'm also worried my CM is more than usual since I'm taking evening primrose.

Iwant3 - thanks hun. That's good to know that it would at least stay positive so I most likely didn't miss it. :)

Russellmuscle - It's going to be tough for me to hold it for 3-4 hours with my tiny bladder. Lol

Janine- 4:00 pm is about the time I'll be POAS from now on too. I'm not bringing a stick to work. Lol :) I also thought that too since I'm using SMEP at least we are BDing anyway. :)

I'm new to charting and missed my LH surge cuz I tested with opk in the morning cd 8 - 13. Doh! I just really wanted to see the positive LH surge to put my mind at ease for wondering whether or not I'm ovulating.
But ferning, BBT and cm all seem to be in line with when I Oved. good thing we bded just about everynight when I saw ewcm. :)

Do any of you miss your LH surge on OPKs ever?

I missed mine the first time round, you usually miss one sometime lol the second month I caught so I was on ball with the opking, I got a big bunch of cheapies and did 3 daily from cd 12 - I had an inkling that I ovd late when missing the last one and I was right - I ovd cd18 :) xxx

I missed mine the first time round, you usually miss one sometime lol the second month I caught so I was on ball with the opking, I got a big bunch of cheapies and did 3 daily from cd 12 - I had an inkling that I ovd late when missing the last one and I was right - I ovd cd18 :) xxx

Thanks hun!! I might have to try the 3 times a day method unless I get a bfp this round FX. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back