OPK question for a girl

ayeshasi

Reaction score
Need some advice and tips ladies.

2nd month of trying for a little girl
icon_smile.gif
. This will be my 4th and FINAL child hehe.

Been temping for 3 months and have noticed that i OV on day 18 and my cycle length is 26/27 days, therefore luteal phase is less than 10 days
icon_sad.gif

I am on day 3 of my cycle
I have started vitamin B6 3 days ago to lengthen the luteal phase (hope it works).

Now since this is going to affect the day i ovulate, i have ordered OPK's which should arrive in a few days.

The question is (LOL), should i BD until i get a positive on the OPK....bear in mind, really wanna try for a girl. Im kind of confused regarding OPK as i have never used them.

Cosmic is who you want to ask about ttc for a girl, i think she has four lads and is hoping the fifth and final is a girl :)

I don't think much of temping, have you considered doing a cycle using OPKs before you start on the B6?

My suggestion is that if having a girl is really really super important to you, don't BD unless you are sure when you should ovulate in advance.

What if you bd in advance and then the next morning you get your positive OPK which would mean a good chance of a boy? Do you want a possible BFP sooner, or increase your chances of a girl in a later cycle? ;)

Last edited:
Hi there, hope I can help you, I will share my knowledge and hopefully a pink bundle will be coming your way.
Shettles method -
you must bd 2-3 days before ov (so not before your opk surge and definitely not on your surge day).
Use a shallow sexual position (eg missionary) it's more acidic near the vaginal entrance and boy sperm don't like being deposited there ;)
Don't orgasm- this makes alkaline fluids flood the vagina and boy sperm love that.
Don't bd after ov at all.

O+12 method -
This was based on a New Zealand study of 41 women and claims a 90% success rate!
You must not bd and the man cannot ejaculate until you bd to conceive 12 hours after ov. This completely contradicts shettles and 90% success rate has not been seen outside of the study!

Diet -
Low calorie intake (mums of girls have on average an intake of 2,283)
Low glucose diet
Skip breakfast
Lots of calcium, cheese, milk and yoghurt
Magnesium tosh food like leafy greens are great
Avoid bananas - boy sperm loves potassium
Eat lots of acidic food, prunes, cranberries and plums etc
Fish
No caffeine or coke
Low salt and avoid at a lll costs - potatoes, spinach and watermelon

Last edited:
Thnx for that...read it previously too, so lets hope it works....just read so many stories that these methods didnt work, got me thinking last night if i should just 'go with the flow' LOL

Hiya

In your position I think I would aim to BD regularly up until I got a positive on the OPK and then hold off. May want to use a sperm-life-time-helping lubricant like pre-seed just to ensure as many survive as poss (depends on your CM situation I guess!)

I would love a girl but as I don't yet have any children & really desperate for one I am just planning to go for it regardless of OPK results!

xx

My CM used to be 'great' LOL, until the day i decided to track my CM... :-O! Think i might have scared it off haha. Wil check out pre-seed...i heard KY is actually good wen TTC girl...first time i read that though, any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back