OPK / Ovulation Query in what I thought was my 2WW :s confused....

janinesboutiqu

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I'm a bit confused & so after a bit of advice!

Today I am on CD24 & I had thought up until today that I was in my 2WW... I Had a positive OPK on CD19 & had EWCM on CD's 17, 18 & 19. All of this seemed about right based upon my most recent cycles (that have ranged from 28-34 days). However, this lunchtime I did another OPK & got a definitie positive again on what I thought was 5dpo?!? Any ideas on which is likely to be a true reflection of when I ov'd?? xx

Last edited:
Just did another OPK just now & although theres a line is not quite as dark as the control line this time = negative... grr.. so confused :wall2:

has anyone ever experienced a similar thing before or if not just have any ideas at all as to whats happened!?

I guess I will have more of an idea when AF arrives (if it does FX it won't!) then I can look back at my charts and try and work out when OV actually did happen out of the two occasions..

xx

Last edited:
I gave up testing 3 days after my 1st positive, so who knows what they would be like now! I had equal lines one day, darker the next and then 3 days of equal lines before it went faint!

I hope you can work out where you are :)

Thanks for replying hun.. I guessed it was one of those questions that I may not get much response too.. most people aren't as daft as me to keep testing after a positive :p hehe I was just curious! I'll just have to wait and see at the end of the month how my chart is looking.. thanks again x

did your temp drop after your positive opkon cd19? I have never charted, but have read this shows you did ovulate?

my temp dropped 2 days before I got my positive OPK last time + has since been stable ish so i'm pretty sure today was just a random occurance and my actual OPK was last time x

I got my positive opk on CD14, and was getting a faint line (but neg) on CD16 still. Think it can happen. Its prob too early for you, but you can get a +ve on a opk if pg (but not the other way around)

Hey hun this happened to me last month, only i was using smiley opks. I got my positive on cd16&17 and negative at 10pm on cd17. But being a true poas addict tested again on cd18&19 and got positive opks but only seemed to get the at certain times, not all day. I eventually put it down to the tests being highly sensitive and took my dpo from my first +opk, my calculations were correct and af came like clock work! (the whole cycle is written in my journal, if you wanna read it and compare)

So it could be that the tests are picking up reducing hormones, or it is possible that your body geared up for ovulation but didnt manage it so is trying again now.

Either way, and dont take this the wrong way, but give up on the tests hun, you'll drive yourself insane i know from past first hand experience!! Lol

Best of luck to you x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back