Opinions on girls name please

serinka

Reaction score
myself and my husband are a couple of weeks away from becoming first time parents and are still not sure about our name choice if its a girl

we are thinking Madeline Alice or Alice Madeline our surname is May?

one concern is what Madeline could be shortened to we are not too keen on Maddie are there other names it could be shortened to ?

all opinions really welcome

I prefer Madeline Alice May, but perhaps not the first choice for you if you dont like Maddie as I am sure that even with the best will in the world it will be shortened!

i prefer alice madeline may. think it has a ring to it

I love Madeline Alice May :) I agree though - as much as you don't want it to be shortened to Maddie there will always be people who will call her that. I do love Maddie too though!

I really like Madeline Alice May :)

You call your child whatever you want to.

My brother likes to call himself Joe even though his name is Joseph so my mum and myself always call him Joseph still.

Your child could go away and and get any random nickname and there isn't much you can do about it ;)

Last edited:
alice madeleine
i prefere Alice, i think its really cute

Oooh Madeline May rolls of the tongue so nicely ! but both are very nice tho.

Sticking with my liking whole names that begin with the same letter I like Madeline May. In fact I'm really jealous of that!

You could shorten Madeline to Lyn or Dee, although once school starts I expect Maddy will come naturally to her friends!

Alice Madeline May sounds Great good luck with what u decide to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back