OMG

jennilisanne

Reaction score
Sophia fell :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I feel soooo bad :(

I put her on a chair (SO STUPID), turned round to cut some pizza, and SMACK onto the not so soft floor :cry::cry::cry::cry:

She screamed and screamed straight away, which the girls I was with told me was good (was with my NCT girls) and she's got a pretty big bump. God I feel so bad. She seems fine, I gave her lots of cuddles and a feed, went to meet OH and she was very happy and chatty, and ate well.

She had a bath with OH and choked on water :wall2: so got her out straight away for more cuddles and feed and bed.

OMG, I feel so bad, I keep hearing the noise of her landing :(

Aw don't feel bad accidents happen and its part of growing up ! If she seems happy and healthy chalk it down to a learning experience!! Dont worry xx

Lilly fell off the table whilst we were on holiday :( onto a tile floor so I know how you feel. Hope LO is ok, lots of hugs :)

Xxx

I had the worse accident with little man the other day, charley likes to crawl about the sofa but he knows to turn around and slide off to get back down so I left him playing on it, came back in the room to see him falling head first off the arm of the sofa! It's about a meter drop but he was fine, had a bump of his head and slight carpet burn though.
Their gonna have little accidents, you really can't help it x x

Don't worryr we have or will be caught out by our babies!

My first fell off the bed, hadn't realised he had learnt to roll over! felt terrible

My OH fell asleep holding him too while sitting on the sofa (back in 1999) and he slipped down to the floor (I never let him live that one down tho -because he has sleep issues still!)

My second son was ok as a baby , but from todler onwards right up to a few years ago, you had to be really switched on when walking holding his hand, as he would walk into lamposts, parked car wing mirrors and vending machines!

My daughter fell from a high bunk bed causing the biggest egg ever!

I walked into the kitchen carrying Devon in a more layed down position and thought id adjusted for him, misjudged it and bumped his head on the doorway woodwork! Awful at the time isn't it.

Last edited:
They are made of tought stuff them babies!

Oscar has bumped his head while on the floor already lol. He fell sideways from sitting and banged his head on a wooden box his block go in, right on the corner. God he screamed, then again a few days later was sitting in his cot and spun sideways and banged his head on the cot bars, really gently but he still screamed. Think it was the shock that time!

We've banged his head walking through door ways, or on the wall as we go upstairs (stairs are narrow!)!

I just keep an eye on him and if was to seem unusually sleepy, like couldn't stay awake at all, I would worry but otherwise they ok I think.

But OMG you feel so bad don't you? I hit the box he fell onto lol, said 'bad box' then kicked it lol

my son rolled off the bed and he just laid there crying it was awful i felt so so bad but was talkin to another mother and she said up till there at walkin age babies dont try to save themselfs so this means that they are less likely to break a bone or anything as they dont tense or anything hope this makes u feel abit better xx

these things happen but seriously girls u need to invest in ARNICA cream - its amazing!! eases the pain stops swelling and bruising and is FAB xxx

Thanks everyone! It really is reasurring to know I'm not the only one! She seems totally fine, thank goodness!!

I reckon she'll be standing soon, so there's more ahead!

Babies really are made of tough stuff! My nephew and my younger brother have both survived me looking after them (one is 6 the is 10!)

With my brother, when he was about 5 days old, i accidentally dropped a book on his head. It wasn't even a little book, it was an A4 sized hardback. In my defense, it wasn't entirely my fault, i was resting it on his pushchair whilst out and about and someone bashed it, it fell and smacked him. I denied all knowledge of why he was crying.

As for my nephew, there was that time he fell off the sofa (i was only gone two seconds and he couldn't crawl or roll over) and the time i gave him a ribbon to play with in the car. Imagine my surprise when i looked in the rear view mirror and realised that he was foaming at the mouth where he'd eaten it!

Im glad she is ok, im dreading the day it happens with Matthew, pretty sure it will happen anyway as he is constantly wiggling everywhere, he wont stay in the same place. He has hit his head quite hard on a wooden floor though, in front of the girls from my NCT group, they were horrified which didnt make me feel any better about it!
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back