Settling in nursery:(

Nic'n'Keeley

Reaction score
Keeley had the first of her settling in days at nursery and omg :shock: she screamed :cry:

I was only in the other room for 20 mins and she did not stop cryin in the end i was cryin too :cry:

I dunno what to do :? wil she get better or is she too young?
I have never felt so guilty in the whole of my life

Oh hun; I am sorry. It's so heartbreaking.

I think at this age they are more prone to seperation anxiety.

Gabs really cried when I left her at nursery this morning but I had to just keep walking out of the door.
She was fine a little while after I went and had a great day and was glad to see me :D

I am sure she will get used to it and remember the settling period is just that; hopefully once she realises that Mummy comes to get her she will be able to enjoy herself.

Remember also that she has been with you for over a year; so this must be strange for her.

It's hard but hang in there hun.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks hun :hug: :hug: :hug:
I think the thing that made me feel bad was that i was there listening to her on monday when she starts i have to go to work.

I'm dreading thursday tho i'm gonna leave her for an hour but this time i'm goin to the shop or something :|

I'm sure once she gets used to it she wil be fine tho :D

It will get better :hug:

To be honest, I think the younger the better.

Sam was 5 weeks when he started nursery and he was absolutely fine whereas Beth and Tom were 2 and a half and they cried for a while but soon settled in and made friends.

It's just a new environment and she will settle in before you know it :hug:

Probably a good idea to go to the shop or something on Thursday.

She will be fine hun; she love it and have loads of fun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know how you feel, Reece is not long turned 2 and started Rising 2's at the end of August, its taken him 5 weeks to settle properly (although he is only in 2 mornings a week) after about 3 weeks he had calmed down and realised I would be back for him.
It is heartbreaking though isn't it? I dreaded dropping him off but I do think the best thing I did was just leave the building as soon as he was in the class!
And now that he's liking it I can have a good few hours a week myself and not feel guilty about him being sad!! :dance:

And I get cute little paintings and stuff too :D

I'm sure Keeley will be loving it in no time - put it this way, I asked Reece what he wanted to do this morning and he said 'back to nursery!' , poor toot, its the October holidays!! Heehee

x

Hope she settles in for you hun, poor thing, must be so strange for her. Before long she'll be having so much fun, you'll have to drag her away from her friends when you collect her :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had a bad experience today. The idea was to leave Kai with a babysitter all day today for once a week. He knew something was up as I was packing the bag with all his stuff like grobag, pillow, blanket and as soon as he got to the house he wasn't happy. He was just a nightmare for an hour or so and I was with him near enough the whole time. The babysitter wasn't doing a thing with him, I was just in the room not doing too much. He finally started playing with some toys, I left the room he knew it and started screaming. Eventually gave up feeling really bad. the woman didn't make things better by saying it was strange he was like this (that other kids weren't like this), he's too attached to me, it was disrupting her routine etc etc

Sorry, what does she expect???? He was going to a strange place with new people, it was bound to take some time. The little girl she looks after is 3 and all I got was she was never like this, and she started looking after her when she was 6 weeks.

I left things very open when I left but I decided to leave it and try somewhere else, if she can't be bothered putting time and effort into it instead of attaching all the blame on me then she won't be looking after Kai and getting any money.

I have found another place which I will try out. It's private as well, but Kai and me will go for a taster session for an hour or so to see how he adapts. Fingers crossed this works out as it so difficult finding something part-time.

Awww... I'm sure after a few days Keeley will be settled in and having loads of fun... must be so hard for you tho :(

My brother is nearly 3 and he has just started playschool. The first time my Mum left him at 8am and they had to ring her to pick him up about an hour later because he had got himself in such a state. The next two times he cried when she left and a few times during the morning and the fourth time he went the other day he kissed my Mum bye and didn't cry once. I think it just takes them a little while to get used to being left and to realise that you are going to come back for them.

:hug: For you and Keeley

Just wait till they run in at play school without a second thought for you, not even a goodbye... :cry:

:think:

Really not sure what to say as Oliver has always been fantastic at been left at play school. When I left him the first time I was crying but he just walked off. The teachers at his playschool said it was best he saw me leaving rather than trying to sneak away.

Hope she settles for you soon

babsi said:
I had a bad experience today. The idea was to leave Kai with a babysitter all day today for once a week. He knew something was up as I was packing the bag with all his stuff like grobag, pillow, blanket and as soon as he got to the house he wasn't happy. He was just a nightmare for an hour or so and I was with him near enough the whole time. The babysitter wasn't doing a thing with him, I was just in the room not doing too much. He finally started playing with some toys, I left the room he knew it and started screaming. Eventually gave up feeling really bad. the woman didn't make things better by saying it was strange he was like this (that other kids weren't like this), he's too attached to me, it was disrupting her routine etc etc...... Fingers crossed this works out as it so difficult finding something part-time.
Hope it works out for you hun, with the new place, my fingers are crossed for you too. I wouldnt go to that lazy unfeeling broad either!

Lisa :hug:

Ellie started nursery when she was just turning 5 months. Ellies first 2 taster sessions were a nightmare. They weren't helped by the fact that the time coincided with when she needed a feed and she wasn't taking the bottle too well. So I asked them if we could do a third taster session but much earlier so it was before she became hungry. This went much better. After that we her first "full" day (only 8hrs as I had reduced the length of my day due to problems with her taking the bottle etc). She was perfectly happy throughout her first day. Didn't take huge amounts from the 2 bottles (only 1-2oz) but just enough to get her through to when we were back together. She has been perfectly happy since except when she reached about 10 months when we had a few crying sessions when I dropped her off. The thing I had to learn then was to just stay cheerful say good bye and walk away. It broke my heart to do it but she only did it a few times then stopped again.

Good luck for tomorrow hun :hug: :hug:

Gabs cried when I dropped her at nursery today but they said she was fine within 5 minutes and she had a great day and was happy to see me :hug:

We had Keeley's 2nd settling in session today and she loved it i didn't say bye to her (bad mummy :oops: )
But she was as good as gold she only cried when i went to pick her up as i think she then realised i had gone :lol:

I watched her for a bit before she noticed me and she looked soo cute playin with all the other kids :D

I'm so relieved now :D

Thanks for all your advice and comments :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck for tomorrow hun :hug: :hug:

Gabs cried when I dropped her at nursery today but they said she was fine within 5 minutes and she had a great day and was happy to see me :hug:

We had Keeley's 2nd settling in session today and she loved it i didn't say bye to her (bad mummy :oops: )
But she was as good as gold she only cried when i went to pick her up as i think she then realised i had gone :lol:

I watched her for a bit before she noticed me and she looked soo cute playin with all the other kids :D

I'm so relieved now :D

Thanks for all your advice and comments :hug: :hug: :hug:

That is so great hun, I am glad it went well. You must feel so much better.
:D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back