OK here goes - Ive tried to keep it brief

Geminiblue

Reaction score
Due to my first labor being an emergency c section, I was told that if I went over due with this one we'd look at the options of induction/c section. Was due on 30th Oct. Booked in for induction/c section on 9th Nov.

Wed 9th Nov 8am told my cervix was not favourable and couldnt get in to break my waters. They couldnt leave it any longer, 10 days over due was long enough.

Taken to theatre, put drip tap into back of hand, given local in lower back, then spinal block. Ive got to say everyone makes small mention of this and I was petrified felt sick at the thought of a massive needle going into spine. They put a catheter in. I farted really really loud :lol: my husband was killin himself laughing and has told anyone and everyone who will listen!!! says it all hey ha ha.

After lots of pulling and tugging and me petrified she was out. I held her on my chest for a while aided by husband whilst they started stitching me up. Husband took her off to room for cuddles.

Was put on drip and given lots of meds. Was told that my uterus and bladder had fused together due to last c section and that it had been difficult to get her out and that there was a bit of damage.

That night, I was still suffering dizzyness and headache and sickness... due to spinal block I was told, some had leaked into my system before it got to my spine!!! they gave me anti sickness drugs. By the next day I was in the shower with catheter bag still attached.

The next night I was in pain in my neck and shoulder could have been due to spinal block or wind or an accident I had years ago that plays up when Im stressed. Either way I had liquid morphine in the end.

On the Friday I left hospital with catheter still attached and multiple medications. My husband has had to do a blood thining injection in my bum once a day to reduce the risk of DVT. Im on iron, diclafenac, codeine, paracetemol, antibiotics and injection.

Antibiotics are to stop infection due to catheter. The bag had to be emptied every 2 hours and thats through the night as well. Thank god the baby feeds and sleeps well!!! The catheter was taken out today and all seems fine thank god.

The wound has healed well and have been able to shower every day since delivery.

I LOVE MY BABY SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! and I was so scared she would be high maintenance like my first but she isnt. Proving to me....its Nature....not nurture!!!

Sounds like you had a rough time hunny but glad things are starting to get better.
Congratulations again x x

Sounds like you had a right rough time, you must be rattling with all the drugs! Sorry, made me laugh about the fart! So dignified this giving birth lark however it's done! Congratulations, wishing you a speedy recovery x

Sorry u didnt have the easiest of births but at least its over now. Big congratulations xx

Sorry you had a rough time Hun, glad all is well now congratulations x

U did amazing hun- I really hope u are back to 100% soon and so pleased that LO is behaving for u!
Congrats xxxx

Sounds like you had a bit of a rough time. Hope you are feeling much more like your usual self now though :)
Although you must be like a tube of smarties with all those drugs? xx

u did amazing hun u had such a rough time glad u r doing well now and that lo is behaving for u !! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back