OH Rant

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Before I start my OH is usually wonderful but sometimes he is just blissfully ignorant!

I'm really under the weather today. Have thrown up a lot ... While I was on the bathroom floor he asked what was for dinner. Then he ran a bath .... for himself. When I said I was too exhausted to do the packed lunches for tomorrow he said 'it's just making sandwiches' if I wasn't so weak I'd strangle him!!

Like I said in general he's very good but he is completely useless at looking after me! How can I tell him without being a bitch! (I'll wait till I'm feeling less hormonal)

Sigh ... Anyone wanna give me a hug and pat my head?

Awwww hugs :( mine is a bit like this sometimes but then he realises that I'm actually pregnant and runs about after me. I think it's hard for them to realise cos they aren't going through it! Xxxx

Just tell hin he has to pull a finger out and do it. I remember my DH said it was like having a 13 year old boy in the house - all I did was lay in bed and munch

I know what you mean. My DH is very good at doing things when he chooses to do them (then reminding me again and again that he did them, like a child, I feel like I should say 'good boy' afterwards and give him a lolly) but it takes a lot to make him realise that I'm struggling. To be fair he is getting better at it, but sometimes I feel like crying, or strangling him :(
I think you're right though, wait til you're not as hormonal and have a wee chat with him xx

oh hun let the bitch out! they cant make us feel guilty about doing it, "cause its our hormones and we cant help it!"
xxx

Know what you mean, my Oh can be lovely but he's rubbish at looking after me! even when I was in hospital, he had me standing on the beach watching him kite board in the rain on Sat, then realized when we got back and was all sweet.

maybe just have a chat with him when your feeling less hormonal, x

My OH is being a bit of a plank at the moment.

Every time I mention how tired I am all I get is "me too" :roll:, now fair enough I sit at a desk all day and he is on his feet but is he for real?? Also he is not on full capacity at work at the moment - some weeks he is full time, other's he may only have a job that lasts a few days!!

I actually had to tell him tonight, through gritted teeth, that if he says that to me again how tired he is I will most likely throw something at him!!!

As I was serving dinner tonight I dropped some new potatoes and OH said "You dropped something" whilst sitting on his arse on the sofa. I have cooked and served dinner and he couldn't even get up to clean some food off the floor!

We had words and his dinner almost went in the bin.

I think I need to give him a crash course in what he should and should not say to me ..... :wall2:

(on the whole he is a good, he does more than his fair share of chores but he is a plank today!!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
He's very much of the opinion if you want something done ask me.

I'm of the I shouldn't have to ask opinion- because it makes me feel bad

We are both very stubborn! Lol

I'm claiming manflu! I don't care if I'm
A woman!

Lol nat! At the weekend I made bacon sandwiches for oh while he was still in bed .. The smoke alarm
Went off (as usual) he ddnt flinch he had me running around trying to get it off! He was completely clueless! I'm going to steal the word
Plank!

Plank was the most polite thing I could think of to call my OH! Everything else would have been banned on here LOL!!

xxxxxxx

I will respond on this thread tomorrow when I am not completely fuming lol. Sometimes men can be completely useless. Off I am to bed now with an epic headache...

He's very much of the opinion if you want something done ask me.

I'm of the I shouldn't have to ask opinion- because it makes me feel bad

We are both very stubborn! Lol

I'm claiming manflu! I don't care if I'm
A woman!

Ditto!!!

"I told you to ask me if you need help with that"

"Yes but I hate asking, I feel crap enough as it is"

"Don't feel bad about asking, you need to slow down"

Half an hour later....

"Can you get [insert item from downstairs] for me please?"

"Hmph, can't it wait I'm really busy..."

:wall2:

Sleep well and you'll feel better tomorrow Hope sweetie!

My OH got all defensive when I told him I am going to need his help more and more. His reply was "I already do everything you ask" - like asking someone to do the washing up when I cook is anything other than common bloody sense.

My issue is I am a control freak and anal about that way a lot of things are done. So it's a lot of my own doing ...... OH washes up and hoovers, throws out the rubbish and recycling and does all the heavy stuff and DIY. Yet I do the majority of everything else.

So in all honesty I guess we both need to reassess our attitudes and expectations.

My 3 things I simply cannot let OH do are the laundry (washing, hanging out and putting away), changing the bed linen and the cat litter tray [he gives our poor kitty a dusting of litter LOL] and I know as I get bigger and more tired I am simply not going to be able to doall of these things so I need to "let go" a little!

Wow Tweety, this thread has been like an hour in therapy for me :shock: :lol: :whistle:

My OH is still a plank though!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I often give my OH the "I am the mother of your child" speech and that works well. He asked me what was for dinner sat afternoon after complaining that my ribs were killing, I lovingly placed a slice of bread and a glass of water in front of him and went for a nap :) he hasn't asked since

Awww hun I feel for you last time I had my head down the toilet my oh asked how long I was going to be as he needed a no 2!! Xxx

My 3 things I simply cannot let OH do are the laundry (washing, hanging out and putting away), changing the bed linen and the cat litter tray [he gives our poor kitty a dusting of litter LOL] and I know as I get bigger and more tired I am simply not going to be able to doall of these things so I need to "let go" a little!

Nat you're gonna have to let him do the litter tray, you're not supposed to be handling cat litter it's really dangerous for pregnant women :( xx

Nat you're gonna have to let him do the litter tray, you're not supposed to be handling cat litter it's really dangerous for pregnant women :( xx

It's fine hun, there is nothing in the actual litter - Toxoplasmosis can be found in cat faeces. I've done a fair bit of reading and if you live with cats you're usually immune anyway. Also you are far more likely to catch this parasite from undercooked meats than you are from cat pooh...

I don't touch the pooh (we have a scooper) and wash my hands throughly before and after.... I should start using gloves though :shock: :shock:

I did actually ask the MW - as I thought if she said it was dangerous I could get out of it - but she said as long as you are not handling pooh you are fine!

I promise if there was any danger I wouldn't go near it.

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
If my DH is being a numpty I usually really have to fight my corner, then get upset and with all the hormones whizzing round in me I cant help but do an angry cry, that usually makes him realise - shame we have to get sooo upset in the first place.

I think we should take a short rest when our LO's are born (just for 30 mins max) and let our DH's do the work on the basis that we've done the the last 9 months :D
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back