Parents Vs Me

Zippys~knight

Reaction score
Hi all, I have quite the dodgy problem...

My fiances parents are against me, they do not i repeat DO NOT know we are engaged, we r only 16, and i know most of you are going to say we are to young, but love jsut took us the moment we met, we've only been engaged about 10 weeks, been together for around 2-3 years. The problem is, we had sex a while back, and we had to use the morning after pill & a preg test... her parents found part of the preg test box... My fiance fears that they'll ban her from seeing me, but i barely see her enough as it is cause we live about 1.5 hours from eachother!

I dont know what to do! We cant lie our way round a preg test! and if we be honest, we'll be seperated!! HELP!

--Addam, The unstable!

I take it you will support her through this...then they are lucky to have some one who takes responsibity! You didn't say if the test was positive! But either way you are in love and have been together more than older couples who get pregnant after 3 months of meeting! And at least you are engaged not because she is pregnant but because you know you are ment to be together!

Most people I know had sex before they were 16, and it is not like you picking up a girl in a nightclub, you are in love!

It is a rare thing to be soo in love against the odds! Stick with it and try to be honest to them, they will not appreciate being lied too, lay your card on the table, they won't be happy, but as long as you love each other then that is there loss you are going to be there son in law like it or not!

ohh I am a romantic soo do tend to think love concures all!

At the end of the day you and your fiancee are both 16 correct?. You are both legal to have sex so if you wish to have sex then no one can stop you.
Your fiancee cant be told that shes not allowed to see you, she has her own free will and no one should have the right to take that away from her.

If it does come to it though, there is no point lying, it will just make matters worse, you'll just have to admit the truth, its nothing shameful and its nothing to be disappointed about !

I think its fantastic that you are in love, i wish you you both the best for the future !
As long as you are both there for eachother then you should pull through together no matter what :)
Love Cassie x

You know what they say..for better for worse :) x

Hi again,

oh dear- shame they found the box eh? Hmm. It's a tricky one as parents aren't always too rational when it comes to their own- something a lot of us currenty pregnant ladies will discover in the future I guess! Is there any chance you can explain that you're being sensible about birth control and are looking into the pill etc and tell them about the whole split condom incident and how you dealt with it in a sensible way? If you can pursuade them that you're being adult and serious about sex it might help them see you as the adults you are and stop them reacting like you're kids? Just an idea- depends on how rational they are!! Two of our friends have just got married (he's 29- she's 27) but they got together when she was 14 and he was 16- they've been going out all of that time so love doesn't have a age range on it I know :).

Scary but as others have said you are legal and they can't stop you forever even if they can make it hard for you at the moment.

Have courage young lovers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back