oh no, green poop!

sally12

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I need some help!

My 10 week old girl, isla, as been pretty good at night for quite a few weeks now, only waking for one really good feed a night (I breastfeed). However for the past 5 days she has decided to wake every 3 or 4 hours but she is only feeding for about 10 mins at a time before nodding off again. This snacking has resulted in her getting green poo as she is only taking the foremilk each time. :?

Im not sure what to do :( Im guessing that she might not be properly hungry? Or not properly awake? I dont want to deprive her of milk in the night as she is still so young? Should I be trying to settle her and not feed her when she wakes or is it OK for her to have a snack and go back to sleep? I obviously dont mind getting up for her at the night, this isnt my worry....but should I be worrying about the green poo?

She feeds really well during the day and is putting on lots of weight but im guessing that this new routine of hers is not ideal!

What would you lot do? i need some lovely advice from you! x

If the green poo is a recurring thing, try feeding off one boob twice, or expressing first to make sure she gets more of the creamy hind milk.

If she's falling asleep while feeding try stroking her back, tickling her feet to keep her awake, also try moving your nipple in her mouth, if it feels like it might come out, they soon wake up.

I *think* at ten weeks, her tummy is still small so she probably is hungry if she's waking for feeds. I don't think I'd have a problem with it if she's going back to sleep afterwards.

Are you feeding off same boob all night? If she's only snacking i wouldn't swop until morning. I wouldn't worry tho as long as she's fine gaining weight etc. Sure it won't last too long :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back