Oh its arrived.............

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
....with a vengence!! (NOT that im complaining for one second lol)

MORNING SICKNESS!!!

Only its all day sickness again! lol

I did think I was going to get off lightly up till a few days ago but oh nooooo!!

Ive gone from feeling sickly and dry heaving to throwing up several times a day!

Dont fancy anything much to eat so Im forcing myself to keep eating only to bring the majority of it back up soon after!

And when I do think 'oh I could just eat .....' I havent got what I want in the house!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ive tried the ginger nuts...not helping...

How is/did everyone combat their morning sickness and what other remidies can you suggest?

Im going on holiday on sat with my family and my brother and sil....and dont want to ruin everyones holiday but constantly cuddling the loo......lol xxx

Hey! I'm 16 weeks and sorry to say, still got savage morning sickness! Nothing has combatted it for me! Just trying to deal with it. X

Ha yeah I had it for 5 month with DD..... Im half expecting it to be the same this time only I suppose I was 17 years younger fitter and able to cope with it better then! lol Im happy tho as like I said its all going according to plan so not compleining just looking for ways to maybe ease it a bit! lol xxx

I found never letting myself get hungry worked - not easy at first when the last thing you want to do is eat! :) Kepp snacking and dont let your tummy get growly hungry is my advice :)

Oh thanks MM will try that....I kept some mashed pot down yesterday although only just but I will def try the regular munching.....;-) xxx

I am still suffering, I have a baby that doesnt like me eating! I have been living off of milk with chocolate nesquik, digestive biscuits and cheesy puffs until my evening meal which baby allows me to have.

I tried travel sickness bands, but they did nothing.

I hope you find something to combat it. On the plus it must mean baby is developing well :)

yeah someone mentioned trying the wrist bands....I have some somewhere might give them a try lol! But yeah your right its all a good sign that baby is doing what its meant to be doing....xxx

Ginger biscuits and Dry crackers/toast are crap Didnt work with my DS and haven't worked this time either.

I'm finding keeping a spearmint polo under my pillow ready for the morning a help. As soon as i wake i suck the polo and slightly sit up in the bed until the polo has gone.

Some mornings i prefer ice cold water, and other mornings it ice cold 7up/sprite.

Tea is a no no till around lunchtime.

Also snacking on half a ham sandwhich (the cheap thin cut ham with butter) really seems to settle my tummy.
I have a few of these a day as anytime i get a little peckish i feel sick.

I've found ice poles help too (GP recommended those).

Also sweets such as fruit pastels (although i dont like the red and black ones) and Fruit flavoured polo's are helping too xxxxx

Chicken dippers! That's pretty much the only thing I can eat at the moment. Haven't been sick but feeling it every moment of the day!

My friend had chronic sickness - she lost about 2 stone in her first trimester - and she tried everything!

The only thing she cold stomach was liquidised but smooth fruit - so fruit ice lollies, smoothies and proper fruit milkshakes.

I think Slim Fast milkshakes did her a lot of good for calories content and nutrition :)

Welcome to the club Wilma, I've been suffering from 5 weeks. Not just dry heaving but properly throwing up. I've tried the Ginger nut and cup of tea before getting out of bed, and whilst it's lovely that husband brings me a cup in bed...I don't think it helps much.

I've got travel sickness bands, I've worn them for about a week and a half and can categorically state they have done nothing for me, the sickness has got worse, but that doesn't mean they won't work for you.

I also get the "I could just eat this..." but also find that 9 times out of 10 it's not in the cupboard, but I'm lucky enough to live in an apartment block with a cafe and shop on the ground floor...so i dot have to venture far.

I have found that mints help, as I have a strange taste in my mouth and vie found that sipping something fizzy...sparkling water, coca cola or lemonade does help a bit!

Good luck, if you find something that works...please let me know! I spend most of my time sitting in the bathroom or holding a bucket lol!

Thanks for that ladies god we will try anything when your literally cuddling the netty all the time wont we!!! lol

Well have tried snacking on popadoms all day today and so far so good! Still mage sickly but have refrained from actually vomiting for now!!!

xxx

I am just a month gone, and I am sooo not looking forward to this :L!

Congrats Kole... ha oh yes its fun but at least it means are babies are all doing great even if its not the nicest thing to be hugging the loo a lot! xxx

I got this too. :) good though that baby is doing well. ginger nuts helped me for a while but then i think i ate too many and now i cant even look at them.

Quite alot of my friends have told me polo (spearmint) when you wake up and eveytime you feel sick. Gunna go invest in a pack today.

I dont mind the queezyness its just the fact i cant eat breakfast without hugging the toilet.... :(

Bless you Wilma, how are you feeling now?Ive been so lucky ive not actually had any sickness at all, just a bit of nausea. I really hope you are feeling a little better xxx

I got thro it by eating cheese toasties and fruitellas I was never sick jsut very nauseous and ginger nuts didn't help for me either x

my sickness has eased off thank god touch wood but it does creep up every now and then the slightest smell can knock me but if its causing u distress have a word with ya midwife water or ice cubes do the trick normally or ginger biscuits x

Hey ladies thanks sorry for delay in replying just back from Hols but thanks for all your advice! Spent most of the time on hol throwing or feeling nausious so wasnt the best time but I dont mind its going to be worth it.....hope your all well and the sickness is subsiding!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back