morning sickness thats a joke ive had 24 hour sickness!!!

Mrs P

Reaction score
Since friday ive had 'morning' sickness for 24 hours a day :x :x And anything i eat just comes back up, my apetite has totally gone.
Boots said i couldnt take anything so i went to the herbalist who told me to eat crystallised ginger or ginger tablets.

Has anyone else had all day and night nausea and what helped them??

Amy.

i felt sick 24 hours a day until a week ago. but i was never physically sick. i found that eating little and foften helped.
In your case it won't. I would tell your midwife about it if it continues becasue you are at risk of dehydrating if you are continually sick

Gosh you poor thing, have not had anything yet (touchwood) but I really hope you feel better soon.

Extra strong mints are good I have heard?????

i had really bad morning sickness, but all day 2 and the midwife said 2 get sum ginger biscuits, apparently they help to stop you being & feeling sick! they did work 4 me!

hope you feel better soon hun, i no how horrible it is!! xx

Ooh, you poor thing. My sister was the same, she couldn't keep anything down. Unfortunately with her it lasted the whole 9 months!! She found that "dry" snacks helped, such as biscuits and crisps (but not terribly healthy, I know!). Also, she found that eating little and often she was more likely to keep some of it down than having 3 large meals. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Hayley, I suffered with terrible sickness like yours. I really believe that if you are actually throwing up regularly ginger biccies etc just don't do the trick. One thing you can try is taking 50mg of B6 and 10-25mg of B1 3x a day. This was suggested by my doctor and helps a lot of pregnant women but not me unfortunately. It is safe because any excess b vitamins are peed out. The only thing that has helped me is taking antihistamines at night but they have to be a certain kind so ask your doc to prescribe you some. They are a godsend for me, if I wasn't still taking them I'd still be suffering. I have tried to stop on a number of occassions but always start being sick all day again. Sickness is awful so please see your doc and see what he can do. I was being sick when I woke up to pee in the night and it just isn't pleasant! I feel so bad for you, its the worst but there really are things out there to help, you just have to be assertive with your doctor. Good luck :wink:

Hi Mrs P and to everyone.

I reckon i'm around 6 weeks bang on and was feeling completely normal yesterday. Initial symptoms had passed and i felt back to usual self. However....woke up at 5am today and have basically vomited on and off all day ever since (it's about 2pm here now). It's showing no signs of abating. The ONLY thing i've managed to keep down for very long is raw carrots and jasmin tea - and that joined the Toilet Duck eventually. I feel retched and just know in my heart that this isn't going to go away easily. I'm scared to eat, but feel i should for baby, and have no appetite anyway. Eating dry food is like eating hamster bedding (no i have never tried it).

For me, and this is a distant memory from several years ago i hasten to add folks, it's like i'm 'rushing' (those who have gone clubbing and done things they shouldn't will understand what i mean -sorry but am being honest). I can FEEL a surge of hormones or chemicals or whatever it is and when these rushes get more intense, that's when i vomit. These aren't pleasant rushes though, they are just horribly nausiating and my skin feels sensitive. Is this normal for the euphamistically named 'morning' sickness (ha!!).

So Mrs P, i have a nasty feeling i may be heading down the same road as you. I hope to god i'm not but am feeling your pain quite literally at the moment.

I really take my hat off to women who have to go to work and bring up other kids while feeling like this.

Sorry you're feeling so ill...

I started feeling nauseaus at 8 weeks.... was 24hrs a day.... stopped at 19 weeks!!! :shock: :shock:
Worse time ever.... still tried to cook for rest of the family, but never quite managed it without gagging throughout!! Horrible feeling like that... ginger did help, but I was even put off that after a while!!

So I know what you're going through.... >>hugs<<
Emilia xx

Hiya,

I think Im about 5-6 weeks and ive been sick twice ( its really pethetic sick aswell!!) I feel sick all the time but I found having 'Nice' biscuits really help I think because there a dry biscuit it soaks up the acid in your belly, I could be wrong but I definatly do suggest eating little and often!

xxx :angel:

Hiya im 11 weeks and feeling sick at almost everything the only thing that really helps is orange juice and rich tea biccies, The worst thing at the mo is i feel i cant even go out in my car as the smell of the engine has me heaving constantly, i really hope this passes soon cos it really getting me down :(

I feel exactly like that, was really upset today im just fed up with feeling like this :cry: can't wait till the 2nd trimester !!!

snap!! tasha, I had a cry yesterday starting to make me feel light headed too, nearly fainted in tescos earlier but jus got polos out to suck to take my mind off it, take care, kaye.xx

I get blurred vision by the evening along with a horrible dull annoying headache, havnt fainted yet thank god but have been close.

I try and do something or suck on something ( ha not trying to be rude) and it helps. going on here really helps especialy knowing im not alone :angel:

Take care Kaye x

I am glad that someone else posted about this as I was begining to get worried. I have been feeling sick since I was 5 weeks pregnant and it is all day every day, when I wake at night to go to the loo I am sick........ I have lost 8lb in weight too as I just can't keep any food down.....

Nothing I have tried works so I just drink plenty, eat when I feel ok knowing that some of it will be digested before I am sick again!

ALso, I get no sympthy from anyone, I don't think they realise just how awful this makes you feel!

try sea sickness bands, they work for some people, i found they helped me a bit.

nibbling small amounts of food often helps. as when ur hungry it makes it worse.

sipping flat lemonade is good. emphasis on sipping, otherwise you'll be seeing it again very soon.

nibbling ginger biscuits helped me significantly.

i have also been told that sucking on mints helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back