oh god

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
Been up now since 5.00 am feeling really strange and more than a bit sick - thought I had cystitis and had a wee as I got up - felt really sick still so decided to se a cheap stick test from ebay on 3rd wee of the morning just now and its showing a faint line!!! Had my coil removed on 21st March and then a strange bright pink light bleed on 4th April but no other bleeding at all so no idea about my cycle - I'm terrified - we want this so much and my DH is fast asleep in bed - supposed to be going to buy a boat today and now I just dont know what to do - sorry if this is all over the place but I am completely gobsmacked ...... suppose I should go and wake him up - lol..

Congratulations on your news reallyoldmum - that's fantastic!

Why don't you think of a nice way to tell your OH when he wakes up, then you can both plan the day from there?

P.S. I'm sure you're not a reallyoldmum! There's plenty of women who are in their thirties and forties on here so don't worry.

Let us know how you get on and CONGRATULATIONS again!

Valentine xxx

AW well done hun :cheer: I am very pleased for you!!!! Have you told him yet? xxx

congratulation hun i'm a really old mum too lol i'm 36

Well I told him - well showed him actually - we have just done two more tests and both show faint lines - they are the stick tests from ebay - waiting for boots to open to go and buy a clearblue test - and a first response and their own brand test infact every test they sell!!! Cant believe it - could it be false? it is very faint but if the bleed I had on the 4th april was my af then I am not late unitl tomorrow? Just for good measure i also did an test with my ovulation sticks and that is really strong pink - could the pregnancy ones be showing me ovulate?

they say a positive is a positive hun no matter how faint :dance: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now we just have to worry how my 20 and 17 year old will take it!! :oops:

hi

the ovulation sticks if positive can also mean you pg. thats how i found out on my pregnacy. someone suggesting doing an ovulation test as i had no pg tests in the house.

sound good for you*******

:cheer: congratulations huni...

im sure your older children will be just as happy! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations :cheer: :cheer:

I wouldnt worry about your older kids, my mum told me and my sister she was pregnant again when I was 20 and sister was 17 and we were made up for her. My mum and sister were pregnant at the same time :D

Thanks everyone although I am feeling a bit confused now - just went and bought a clearblue digital test - the one that says pregnant or not pregnant - there were 2 in the box so just did one of them although it said to do it first thing in the morning and it came back not pregnant!!! Feeling really odd now but will do the other test tomorrow first thing.

Thanks for your best wishes

Jane

PS you would have thought at 41 I would have known better than to get excited.

aww sorry to hear about the bfn result, i would test again in 2 days to make sure :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think some of those ebay tests are really sensitive, I've read about a few women getting pos on them and neg on clearblue/first response, then a few days later they tested again with clearblue/first response and got a pos. Dont worry hun :hug:

Oh Wow!! Another BFP!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Looks like those Ebay cheapies are better than the expensive ones eh? Glad I got a draw full LOL.

congrats on the BFP!! :hug: :hug:

i have read and experienced that the digital tests arent as sensitive as normal tests, i would say like everyone else that a line is a line :D :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks again ladies

I have just made my husband laugh - I read in another thread that if a digital test showed negative when you had had a faint line to open it up and see if there was a blue line inside - so he has just caught me up to my elbows in the wheelie bin!! Sure enough when we cracked it open there was the blue line :D

Looks like I will have to wait with patience (not something I am good at) until the morning......

Jane

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back