Oh God, massive panic moment!

Georgie0

Reaction score
Its starting to hit home today - not long to go. I'm massivly paniking about stupid things like the fact i know nothing about children and have never been the maternal type so what if i'm not a good Mum? What about routines etc, it all sounds so complicated and i'm so sure i'm going to mess it up. What if i can't manage on my own? What if i'm a complete wuss in labour, i'm going to the midwifery led unit nearby as it looks great but what if i'm completely over estimating myself and i can't take the pain? not even going to start on BF!

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Someone, please, slap me quick!:wall::slap::slap:

:slap::slap::slap:

You wiull be fine!! We all go through moments of extreme panic - you are most definately not alone!! Its amazing how naturally motherhood comes to you - I was the same when I had Joshua. My first major panic was when I realised I had been left in the house, alone with just me and baby!! Needless to say I coped and he's nearly 5 so if I can do it anyone can. As for labour...well, I was a complete and utter nightmare and could not take the pain - I must be a midwife's worst nightmare - bring it on.... lol

Extreme panic is totally normal, felt the same a few weeks back and thought "OMG - what am I going to do?" It soon passes though hun - and your Mummy instinct will kick in when LO is here and you'll know exactly what to do x

thanks guys! rationally i know i'll be fine, but rationally doesn't stand much chance against hormonal, grumpy pregnant c*w time!

I don't hold babies I've never changed a baby or looked after a baby and considering I'm due in just over 2 weeks I do get the OMG moments wondering if il know what do etc!! I hope it comes naturally!! My fella is good with kids and my mums comin over from abroad for about 5 weeks for the birth and to help out Which I'm so thankful for! I'm sure ( well hope lol) that we all have the natural instinct in us!!

Its starting to hit home today - not long to go. I'm massivly paniking about stupid things like the fact i know nothing about children and have never been the maternal type so what if i'm not a good Mum? What about routines etc, it all sounds so complicated and i'm so sure i'm going to mess it up. What if i can't manage on my own? What if i'm a complete wuss in labour, i'm going to the midwifery led unit nearby as it looks great but what if i'm completely over estimating myself and i can't take the pain? not even going to start on BF!

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Someone, please, slap me quick!:wall::slap::slap:

Sorry - no slaps from me just a big THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!:roll:
I am going round the bend thinking that I won't have a clue what to do at all once I am home and it is just us and a little person!!!!!! I know that people are telling me we will just know what to do and we will be fine and I know that it is true if I am being rational but my rational head is deserting me at the moment!!!!!!

I am in massive panic today- my oh met with a friend who recently had a lo and said they are having massive problems, and other friends too. I am so scared now!

I am the biggest wimp ever and i done it! Course you can do it... its normal to feel scared, i was TERRIFIED! I knew nothing at all about babies. Had never even looked after one before... it comes naturally. xxx

seems to be a common thing! Yay, i'm not alone!!

Yup - thank God I'm also not the only one feeling like this! I'm so petrified that I'll be a bad mother and I want everything to be perfect but, of course, I know that nothing in this life is perfect so I guess the answer is that we do the best that we can do! I think the fact that we're all on here saying how worried we are that we won't be able to cope or be good mums means that we care a lot about our babies already - surely as long as we show our love to our babies then ultimately that is all that really matters (as well as making sure they're fed of course!!!). Yes there'll be difficult moments as with anything in life but we'll deal with it and move on. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back