Panic stations!

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
Ladies I hope I'm not the only one starting to feel like this but I am starting to panic! Last night all these thoughts were going through my head like:
What if we can't cope when the baby's here?
What if we don't like the baby?
What if i feel nothing?
What if OH and I bicker & drift apart?
What if it's not what we expected?
What have we done?!?!?!?

I feel awful cause deep down I'm sure I don't mean it but as it's getting closer (10+1 to go) I'm starting to brick it! Please someone tell me I'm not alone! X

You are soooo not alone! I have major wobbles too. I have a little boy already & keep thinking how will I love them the same? How will I cope with two? Will I love this one like I love my son? Will me & hubby argue like we did last time? How will I cope with tiredness & getting two ready for a school run? Will be a rubbish mum this time around? Will my son think I've ruined his life by having another baby? I've had thoughts of regret & guilt for getting pregnant too! We have been a family of 3 for nearly 6 years & I'm concerned life will never be the same, but for the worse.
Don't worry everyone worries amongst the excitement & every couple argues when they have a newborn baby too! The one thing I know is that I coped & we got through everything last time, so can do it again!

Sunnyb xxx

I had all those types of worries too. I can honestly I really didn't need to worry. But its perfectly natural!

X

Phew! Thanks so much - Sunnyb, you sound just like me lol! I feel very relieved x

im so pleased it isnt just me feeling like this. i have been so layed back and now im getting closer im starting to worry. what if i dont know what to do? what if he hates me? what if i am useless and can barely change a nappy?

im really starting to worry. what if i cant cope with labour etc.

i said to oh that im worried and what if we cant cope and he said dont be silly we will be fine. xxx

You sound exactly like i feel!!! I have wrote on thread about this before... i am so scared by it! I have good days and bad days. Some days i am really excited, then the next i can think omg what have i done... have i ruined my life? I just keep thinking of all the holidays without a baby i could of had lol. Also thinking things will never be the same again. I am sure its all normal. Well i am hoping it is! I'll let you know how i feel after i've had the baby because i bet i wouldn't change anything once i see her! xxx

I'm just so relieved I'm not alone, I felt bad for even thinking it! But I guess it's got to be normal as it's just a life changing time! Hubby said if we don't like baby we'll put it on eBay! :rofl:
Shauna - I want to know everything re labour, birth, the first few days!!! X

Aww Jenny bless ya!

Sunnyb and Shauna have said it all - I just wanted to let you know you are perfectly normal hun lol

xxx

I'm not too worried at the moment... But cause of all the feelings I've had recently have kinda been blocking out the fact that it's actually a baby in me if you know what I mean :/ Kinda feels like the first few weeks when it hadn't sunk in yet... I'm sure given a few weeks it'll sink back in though and I'll be a nervous wreck ha ha. Or knowing my luck it'll all hit me when I'm in labour and I'll be dealing with all that as well as concentrating on getting her out :wall: lol xx

You are sooooooo NOT alone hun :lol:

I have your concerns also, and on top of that the actual birth! I'm worried that I'm not gona be able to cope with labour as I've never been through it before...and even though I had a c-section before, I'm still crapping myself if I'm gona need one of those!

I try to not think about it all but its just to hard not to. Its such a life changing thing! But worth it in the end. ;) x

Oh trust me, you're definitely not alone! I've been getting these thoughts, then I'll feel guilty about getting those thoughts, then I'll worry some more...phew! I think it's perfectly natural, it's such a huge step and will change your life forever, I'm sure it's perfectly normal to worry! xx

I am jumping in from tri2, but I already feel the same plus the worries about labour/birth consequences.

I'm just so relieved I'm not alone, I felt bad for even thinking it! But I guess it's got to be normal as it's just a life changing time! Hubby said if we don't like baby we'll put it on eBay! :rofl:
Shauna - I want to know everything re labour, birth, the first few days!!! X

I'll let you know chick :) You will probably deal better than me with the pain in labour, i am a wimp. xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back