Petrified panic!

Blossom

Reaction score
I know there's nothing I can really do about this. I just need to air my panic!

I can't sleep at night at the moment for worrying about the birth. I've been worried all the way through but sort of 'shelved it' for later. Last night I lay awake for hours imagining all the things that could go wrong.

Little bump is breech at the moment and if she hasn't turned by tuesday I need to go for a scan. I feel terrifid of giving birth naturally because of tearing,/episiotomy, general pain, worried about baby getting cord round her neck, etc etc.

I'm also terrified of the idea of a c section. I'm allergic to general anaesthetic (had a cardiac arrest when I was 7) so definitley need to have an spinal block epidural, but what if i'm allergic to that as well? I know it's extremely rare, but what if i'm that one wierd case!!

And to add to that, I'm terrified of me or little one catching that bloody mrsa bug. I don't like hospitals. I want to go in the labour ward with a bottle of bleach and dettol just to make sure. Leslie Ash and bez (happy mondays) both caught it in hospital...it can't be THAT rare....oh god, listen to me! Arrgh.

I know it's all rare cases, but i'm driving myself mad worrying about it.

For some reason, everything suddenly seems so close and real...and scary.

sorry for it being so long, I just needed to let it all out...

another thing...my mum was four - five weeks early with both me and my brother. Apparently it's genetic so I have a good chance of coming early. Also i had a very short cycle - 26 days, which also indicates that I may come earlier than my due date. Is this true?

This might sound like a really dumb question, but would i go into labour while i am breech? or woudl she need to be in the correct position before labour naturally started?

*sigh* I'm clueless

this is my second pregnancy and i remember being scared with my first. i am a really BIG suck and i have to say that although it wasn''t a walk in the park it was nowhere near as bad as i imagined it to be. i even told my husband minutes after that i would do it again! im from canada and i know that all csections here are done with epidural so the mother is awake during, unless it is an emergency. i didn't have one but heard they are terrific. there are other options to look into. i had a gas mask for a little while that helped a little bit to take the edge off, but there are more things available. i also heard that the whirpool can speed up labour and help reliev pain. don't worry. you will get through it!

hi

try not to worry about the baby being breech mine was for 3 weeks,

i bounced on my ball for 2 hours a day
i was on all fours every 2 hrs for 15 mins
i walked where ever i could

and she turnt all ready for my next antnatel checkup!

it`ll be ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back