OH and water births!

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I really wish my OH would take some interest in pregnancy, he refuses to read my books, tells me off if I talk to much about the baby or starts silly arguments!
Last night I mentioned that we should start talking about birth plans (he asked me what that was!) so I explained and he said he was too tired and we can another time. I said ok but asked him what he thought of water births. He said no way straight away I asked why and he kept saying no, no,no until he said 'I'm scared'
So I asked why and he said 'it must be horrible coming out into a pool of water like that(!)
I called him a numpty and reminded him that baby has been living in water for 9 months!
He then threw a massive tantrum as I 'always have to be right' lol! And told me to 'do what the he'll I want as always'
Must admit his attitude is driving me up the wall on occasion recently!
And for the record I don't even want a water birth...

Oh dear. Men, not the most sensitive breed. I joke to my husband that I want him in speedos & in the water with me all the time. You should see the shock horror all over his face!

They really do not understand what's going on. They think it's all easy peasy & the baby will just fall out. He's probably just really scared & hiding behind this exterior!

Maybe take him along to an antenatal class, that way he can listen to what's going on & what's going to happen without it ending in an argument! He may just change his views!

xxx

The only reason I booked my classes is to make him go!! He did say that he can rest easy when baby's out and were both ok :) Awww!

The only reason I booked my classes is to make him go!! He did say that he can rest easy when baby's out and were both ok :) Awww!

Aww bless, he's probably nervous as hell to see you go through all that! I know my Husband hated seeing me in so much pain during my first labour - albeit I was only high as a kite on G&A & didn't even hurt that much! :lol:

They don't like to show their emotions. My husband will only ask about stuff he's confused about now (we're on child number 3) He still asks me whether I am losing my egg (plug) :lol:

They have no clue haha!

Haha I haven't even broached plugs with him yet!!! Can't wait to see his face!

Aww they really don't have a clue do they! I was having a moan the other day about being overdue and my oh was like if its annoying you that much why don't you just start pushing! Speechless! If only if was that easy eh! Xx

Aww they really don't have a clue do they! I was having a moan the other day about being overdue and my oh was like if its annoying you that much why don't you just start pushing! Speechless! If only if was that easy eh! Xx

:rofl: eeh this made me laugh, bless him!!!!!! Have you still had no signs yet hon? I'm keeping everything crossed you start tonight so you don't have to be induced tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

Talking of plugs I wasn't sure if I'd lost mine or not so i called oh into the bathroom and showed him so I could get his opinion, bless he took it pretty well considering he walked in with no warning what I was about to shove in his face!!! I just think I have to go through all the yuck stuff so why not make it a shared experience so they feel more involved lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back