Water birth

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
As some of you know, I am so terrified of the birth, I am having panic attacks and can no longer feel excited about the big day, just sheer fear...

I spoke to a work pal today, she had her daughter in the hozzie I am due to give birth in and she said they do water births.

I suddenly feel all excited, and really want to have one!! The thought of it makes me feel so calm and that its the right thing to do for me and my baby....

Has anyone else had a water birth/or thinking of one??

I am going to ask midwife next week :pray:

my midwife thinks water births are amazing Zoe. :cheer: :cheer:
she says she loves them becasue she gets great sense of happiness seeing a woman in labour climb in the water and watching the pain and anxiety lift from her face.

I would go for it if thats what you want, Im austraila they all have them and i don't think any other form of pain relief is used.

I know i couldn't do it in water - id drown for sure coz im so all over the place.

do it Zoe. if it feel right for you it must be :hug:

Thanks Budge!
I am a water lover anyway, I swam daily before I got PG and got lazy :oops: , and find a daily soak in bath at home relaxes me

It is defo making me feel sooo excited, so I reckon its meant to be too!! :cheer:

I so hope they do them!!!! :pray: :pray:

i hope it goes ok for you.

i cannot see any reason why they won't let you have a water birth. you ought to have a home water birth zoe :cheer:

Wow, I did think of home, but as it our first I feel I should have a hospital birth?? :think:

If the hozzie dont do water births, I wonder if I have left it too late to have a home water birth????

Right, I am on a mission now, going to speak to midwife next week!! :cheer:

Golly gosh, I have butterflies of excitement in my belly, and I am feel so positive and giddy!!! :cheer: :lol:

no its never too late to organise a home birth Zoe and you're not obliged to stick to it. You can say you want to tranfer to hospital at anytime.

Talk to your midwife about it all zoe. write all the questions don NOW as you seem to be in such a positive mood about it all. then when she comes you will have al the questions ritten down ready.

you midwife will no doubt encourage a home birth if all is wellwith you coz they all love doing them :cheer:

sounds perfect for you Zoe and it's so much easier if you stay calm,really hope you get the birth you want :hug: xx

I think a home water birth sounds fab Zoe, even better than having it at hozzie!! You can still have gas and air at home too.

Stick to your guns and decide on whats best for you chick, whatever makes you feel the most comfortable then go for it.

I have been advised to have a water birth cos I suffered a slight back injury in a car crash when I was 17, but I have to wait and see on the day as to whether the pool will be free. Il see how I feel on the day I think! I wont have a home birth this time as im waaaayyyyy too nervous but I think in your situation it could reassure you no end.

Let us know what you decide. And as for getting panic attacks regarding the birth, I have been too im really quite terrified. Am slowly coming to terms with the fact that will and can do it though; PMA POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE :cheer:

I think a water Birth would be a fantastic idea for you :D

If you are happy with it I would do it at home, you will definatly have use of it then and one on one care from your midwife.

I conciderd a water birth but I have decided not to now as I know what im like I'm a right figit as it is and dont think id be in it that long.

Let us know what you have decided and like Jaidy said stick to your guns!

:hug:

I have more or less decided on a water birth for exactly the same reasons as you Zoe - I am open minded about pain relief but am very anxious about what to expect during the delivery, and as the big day gets nearer as excited as I am to meet my little girl, I am pooing myself about how I will cope!! I spoke to a work colleague who had her little boy two weeks ago and she was so positive - she just had gas and air and said the atmosphere in the room was so calming (the lights were down low, they had an oil burner and relaxing music playing) that at times she forgot where she was!! If at any time you are uncomfortable in the pool or you want to get out then that is fine, you can change your birth plan at any time.
The only draw back to all this is that you can't pre-book the pool as of course you don't know when you are going to need it, so the option is only available if the pool is free and if there is a water-birth trained midwife on duty - hope it's my lucky day :D Let me know what you decide and what your midwife advises.

Go for it! :D

if I could I would but they think I have to have another c section :evil:

I think it seems so relaxing and so natural!

My sister had a home water birth & said it was a fantastic experience. She's recommended it to me - she said the water really helps. I'm considering having one at the moment but don't know where I'll be living at the time so can't really make a final decision yet.

If you have a water birth at home you have to hire a pool (can't remember how much it costs) but at least you're guaranteed use of it!

Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks girls for your positive and fantastic responses :hug:

Have been talking to my sis about it today (she is 32 weeks PG), she pulled a face but I suppose it isnt for everyone..but it is DEFO right for me, I am so excited now at the thought of it all!!! :cheer:

I am going to start the ball rolloing next week, speak to midwife and see about a water birth, and even a home water birth!!!

OH is amazed at my excitement and has been really supportive, he was geting worried at my terrified outbursts of tears and irritiational fear, he said he felt helpless...

I feel so relieved, and spiritual about it like it is meant to be :shock: !!! Totally not like me at all :rotfl:

Will keep you all posted on response I get from Midwife....

P.S I have some nifty speedo goggles and a gorgeous swim cap at the ready should I go ahead with it :rotfl:

zoe c said:
Thanks girls for your positive and fantastic responses :hug:

Have been talking to my sis about it today (she is 32 weeks PG), she pulled a face but I suppose it isnt for everyone..but it is DEFO right for me, I am so excited now at the thought of it all!!! :cheer:

I am going to start the ball rolloing next week, speak to midwife and see about a water birth, and even a home water birth!!!

OH is amazed at my excitement and has been really supportive, he was geting worried at my terrified outbursts of tears and irritiational fear, he said he felt helpless...

I feel so relieved, and spiritual about it like it is meant to be :shock: !!! Totally not like me at all :rotfl:

Will keep you all posted on response I get from Midwife....

P.S I have some nifty speedo goggles and a gorgeous swim cap at the ready should I go ahead with it :rotfl:

Look forward to hearing what the midwife says chick, im glad your feeling more positive!!!!!!

Like Dippy says, and what my MW told me, at hospital you cant pre book the pool so if you dont want to leave to chance id go for the home birth where you can buy a pool and know that you are DEFINATELY going to have one. That way your mind is totally at rest :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back