October Mummies!

Of course I got strep throat! Don’t want to take antibiotics right now but I guess I don’t have a choice!

So if my family are self isolating what do I do for my scan on Thurs? Do I go on my own or do we all go? I don’t really want to go without my husband but if we’re in insolation we can’t have anyone round to babysit. I guess I should ring but I don’t want to bother them if they’re busy in light of everything going on. What are you guys thinking of doing? X

We have kept our son off nursery as there were fears children had caught the virus. It seems ok now so we are going to send him tomorrow and just assess it on a day by day basis (he only goes two and a half days a week however I have now cut that down to one and a half for financial reasons and also less chance of exposure to it). I work from home so I am lucky as I am barely leaving the house at the moment so only concern is if my son picks it up. But figured the schools and nurseries will shut soon so might as well keep sending him in while we still can.

Scan is next Wednesday. Hope nursery is still open then so we have childcare. Otherwise will have to ask in laws but they don’t know yet!

I’m going to phone in sick today, unfortunately the anxiety has got me today. I don’t have the option to work from home and I work very closely with the public. No one knows I’m pregnant yet so it’s a bit of a tricky situation.
Stay safe everyone <3

So if my family are self isolating what do I do for my scan on Thurs? Do I go on my own or do we all go? I don’t really want to go without my husband but if we’re in insolation we can’t have anyone round to babysit. I guess I should ring but I don’t want to bother them if they’re busy in light of everything going on. What are you guys thinking of doing? X
Thread hopping, sorry ladies.
Go to the scan on your own hun. Hospitals and GP’s are sending out notices that even ladies about to give birth are only allowed one person as birthing partner and as soon as baby has been born the birthing partner needs to leave until the mother and baby are allowed to go home.
Some hospitals are even saying you can’t bring your partner to the scans so I would go on your own hun. They won’t be happy if the whole family is there and the certainly won’t let them in the scan room Unfortunately. X

I’m going to phone in sick today, unfortunately the anxiety has got me today. I don’t have the option to work from home and I work very closely with the public. No one knows I’m pregnant yet so it’s a bit of a tricky situation.
Stay safe everyone <3
I think you should tell them you're pregnant and they'll have to make provisions for you - it shouldn't be a case of you calling in sick, you're not really supposed to go out unless absolutely necessary. Your employer has responsibilities. Hope you're ok! X

I think you should tell them you're pregnant and they'll have to make provisions for you - it shouldn't be a case of you calling in sick, you're not really supposed to go out unless absolutely necessary. Your employer has responsibilities. Hope you're ok! X

I know, I’m starting to think I need too. We haven’t even told our families yet as we wanted to wait for our scan, which is next week, well hopefully! To be honest though I don’t think it will even make a difference telling work, there not that understanding about anything x

I know, I’m starting to think I need too. We haven’t even told our families yet as we wanted to wait for our scan, which is next week, well hopefully! To be honest though I don’t think it will even make a difference telling work, there not that understanding about anything x
We have only told our parents, but I told work early doors in case I needed time off, because they also have responsibilities in that area too. Paid time off for appointments etc or if you're sick. That's such a shame but I still think it's worth telling them, surely they will take this seriously xx

Thanks for the advice. X It’s such a shame because the 12 week scan is the best bit about pregnancy and with all that’s going on it’s took all the excitement away. I wanted to work from home but they’ve signed me off sick. Teachers with or without symptoms who self isolate in my county have to go on to sick leave. Teaching assistants get full pay not sure what idiot decided this! There’s loads I could’ve get done that you never get round to but if I’m not getting paid to work from home I’m not doing anything!

Our 12 week scan is in less than 2 weeks. I'm really hoping my husband can come with me, I'm going to be anxious enough as a result of my last 12 week scan which discovered the missed miscarriage. If I have to go on my own I'm gonna be a wreck :(

I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I might phone later or in the morning it might be worth doing the same nearer the time. X

I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I might phone later or in the morning it might be worth doing the same nearer the time. X
Thank you. It was an incredibly sad and traumatic experience. I'm trying so hard to stay positive this time around - my hospital has said one person can attend with you at the moment so hopefully this will be the case in a couple of weeks!

I'm so sick of talking and thinking about bloody Corona! How is everyone doing? Corona aside!!! Maybe we could share pics that make us happy - pets, holidays, children, families etc. What does everyone think? X

Thank you. It was an incredibly sad and traumatic experience. I'm trying so hard to stay positive this time around - my hospital has said one person can attend with you at the moment so hopefully this will be the case in a couple of weeks!

I'm so sick of talking and thinking about bloody Corona! How is everyone doing? Corona aside!!! Maybe we could share pics that make us happy - pets, holidays, children, families etc. What does everyone think? X

I spoke to my midwife yesterday and she said at the moment partners can come to the two main scans but no other appointments. Hopefully that will still be the case!

Had my 12 week scan today which was sooo lovely to get a break from the doom and gloom of the world lately!

Little Bub was so chilled out with feet and hands up in the air refusing to move so the woman could get a better angle!

IMG_20200318_190655.jpg

Had my 12 week scan today which was sooo lovely to get a break from the doom and gloom of the world lately!

Little Bub was so chilled out with feet and hands up in the air refusing to move so the woman could get a better angle!

View attachment 90407
Aww this is amazing! What a positive thing to experience at such a crappy time. You must be over the moon <3

Sorry it’s affecting all you guys... I’ve just been told by my midwife that I’ve gotta have 12 weeks off work :0 I can’t believe it. I know I have to put my safety first, but I worry about my mental health as I’m gonna miss my workmates, my friends n family and the people I care for. I like having a life and I feel that has to be compromised. It’s gutting :( my 12 week scan is this Monday so I’m really apprehensive, but hopeful as my last 2 private scans have all been positive :D I just pray my little one is all good :)

Congrats @monkey1988 :)10 days until my scan!

@Natalie8964 I like that idea. I'm over this corona garbage too, it's all anyone's talking about!! I'm so sick that I really don't care about much going on outside my house at the moment lol. Oh the world's gone mad? At least they're well enough to go mad. Grr.

So, something that makes me happy.. My daughter found a whiteboard marker and sat there drawing on her legs laughing herself silly while I was in the toilet spewing yesterday. I came out and she was sooo messy but sooo happy lol it was really cute (she's only 14mo so basically still a baby).

I love that story, that she was so happy with her little self lol! Worse things she could have done with the pen I guess!

This is my first baby, and up to now my hubby and I have had some fantastic holidays. I love my holidays and cant wait to be able to share that experience with my own little one!

The attached pictures are from our honeymoon to Meeru Island in the Maldives. Truly one of the most spectacular places I've ever been, definitely once in a lifetime I think! I'd love to go back but it's just so expensive!

Screenshot_20200319-094251_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200319-094323_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200319-094405_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200319-094455_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back