.. October 2016 Mummies - Second Trimester ..

I still feel like shit. In fact probably worse. I'm coughing constantly (and of course running to the loo to avoid dribbling - lovely). My head feels like it's being hit with a hammer on the right side upon each cough and I can currently only breathe from one nostril and when the other unblocks the opposite one clogs. I feel very weasy and just fed up now. I don't cope well being unwell lol. I hate the noise of me breathing ATM lol.

It mainly just a cold I have, probably because the weather change it keeps getting sunny then dull and I do usually get a cold with the change in weather.

I couldn't sleep well last night. Waking up in coughing fits good thing I didn't choke and sat right up each time as D slept like a baby last night lol.

Im home alone today, D is at work until 2 and Jackson is at nursery. So I am feeling sorry for myself rather than making the most of the peace.

Also it's given me some think time, baby that I lost in September would have been due around may. Which is mental. Although I'm half way pregnant I can't seem to imagine myself with another tiny baby here. I suppose things work out in their own way and I'm now looking forward to welcoming this wee dancer into the world.

I say Dancer because as I've lay here ill he's did nothing but dance and wriggle. I wish I had that kind of energy. Bleugh!!

I took a half day yesterday and am off now until Tuesday. I hate being off ill hopefully this shifts by tomorrow otherwise I'll be really annoyed at myself less feeling sorry for myself lol.

xxxxx

Not long now hun, I feel like my pregnancy is flying by!

Sill not feeling much movement but.... does anyone get sharp shooting pains 'down there' I keep getting them and wondering if it's body or baby!

also, I keep flapping because I keep waking up on my back no matter what I do! xx

I get sharp twinges everywhere which is a pain. Sometimes I can feel baby kicking downwards which isn't pleasant.

With lying on your back I think for some reason to drift that way comes naturally as I never sleep that way always my belly but can't now and sometimes wake up on my back, did the first time too right into the later stages just couldn't help it.

They only really advise not to sleep on your back in the later stages or in 3rd trimester. So try not to get too worried. Even then as I says I did it throughout that last time and he was grand.

xxxxx

Ahhh congrats Jasmine!! Just lovely, the little princess numbers are slowly rising!

Awk Claire that all sounds horrible :( hopefully it passes in a day or two, just try and rest as much as possible, rest sometimes is as good as sleep when you cant get it.

Funny you say that Flash ive had pains down there all day its so strange but ive def had a lot of stretching pains last few days. I keep waking up on my back too apparently thats fine l. I sometimes put a pillow behind my back to stop me doing it but i usually wake up with the pillow on floor and lying on my back lol

Hello lovelies hope your ok!! I've joined Facebook to run my family business page and requested the group as Carla Lou but I don't want any friends on there- Facebook is just toooooo busy for me I live in a town and everyone knows everyone. Anyone getting like growing pains in there legs? Xx

Ive had like achy thighs but thats exactly the description its like growing pains!! I thought it was work but then my physical workload hasnt changed at all. Must just be adapting to extra weight on joints. I think lol.

Im off work for a whole 11 nights, i have never looked forward to time off more in my life! So much work at the minute and the other nurse I work opposite is the laziest individual ive ever had to unfortunate to meet, so ive had to do her workload too! Im working extra shifts for a few weeks when i go back, i know im going to really regret it but def need the extra dosh.

How are we all keeping?

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a bit of advice, I've been told by my area manager that I am not eligible for maternity pay as my date of conception was January before I started my season, however I have worked for the same company for nine years but it's seasonal work, on a campsite in France, I have worked my way up through the company and now run my own large campsite, my manager is fighting it as she doesn't think it's right that I'm not entitled to anything, so my question is does anyone know if I would be entitled anything?? I'm starting to stress a little now as we are screwed if I don't get anything, we have managed to save some money and will have a decent amount of savings but we have to find somewhere to live when we come back to England until I find out if I get my promotion to area manager next season which would mean I would start work again in January and my oh needs to find a job as soon as we get home, I'm due on the 16th October, if anyone has any advice for me I'll be very greatful, thanks, nat

Visit your local CAB they'll tell you where you stand in that respect. I think if you have anymore than 3m in between jobs within a company that affects service years. Or at least does in nhs for me ive worked there 6year and had a few roles but no gaps in service so still entitled to my package.

Also, you'll probably be eligible for SMP from the government I got that even though I worked last time. So you will probably get some form of money.

Your citizens advice will help you out with it all. Pop in there.

xxxx

Visit your local CAB they'll tell you where you stand in that respect. I think if you have anymore than 3m in between jobs within a company that affects service years. Or at least does in nhs for me ive worked there 6year and had a few roles but no gaps in service so still entitled to my package.

Also, you'll probably be eligible for SMP from the government I got that even though I worked last time. So you will probably get some form of money.

Your citizens advice will help you out with it all. Pop in there.

xxxx

Thank you, unfortunately I'm working in France until literally two weeks before my due date, I could get my mum to pop in and speak to them.

I usually have 3 months and 2 weeks between seasons which is standard in the industry I work in, I'm hoping that the amount of combined months that I have worked for them over the last nine years will work in my favour, I usually work for 8 and a half months of the year for them, but then I work for another company (working as a home carer) whilst I'm in England, which I've done for five years, so I'm not sure
Where I stand really, but I'll see if mum can talk to cab on my behalf,
Thank you!!

That doesn't sound right to me Natnat...I mean I'm not expert, but you're constantly employed by the same company even if seasonal.
It might be that you have to apply for maternity allowance (which is basically the same thing with a different name)
I'm not even working because I gave up my job before returning after mat leave to move 300 miles (that was in Feb) but it turns out I'm still eligible for maternity allowance because I was employed for some time before I fell pregnant again.

I'd check out the gov.uk website, whilst you're away as that should tell you what you're eligible for, but CAB is definitely a good place to turn to if your mum can go for you x

Well ladies is 20 week scan day! I'm so nervous for everything to be ok. We're going to find out what team we are this time...roll on 3pm!

Hope you all enjoyed the bank holiday and hope you're feeling better Claire xx

Ooooh Exciting!! Good luck today Dodsy! Please keep us posted!!

Still sound like rubbish, but feeling a bit better. Back at work any way - and I genuinely am starting to think its this place :lol:

Theres no windows etc in here, so its very stuffy.

xxxx

Good luck today Dodsy!! Looking forward to hearing what team you're on xx

We had a huge storm here last night and as a result, my toddler barely slept so I spent hours laying by her cot singing hush little baby!! Shattered today so we're watching tv and eating biscuits. I'm working 1-8 and my mum will have Iris. Also got water coming through our light and smoke detector in the hall!! Turned the fuse off and it's all stopped now the rains stopped but still scary! Council are coming out at some point but aren't taking it very seriously!! X

Absolutely hate the days where I have reduced movements! I feel like my tummy hasn't grew atal in the past week, and then I had some movements yesterday, but very minimal. Nothing atal so far today. And I know the midwife has told he that it's normal to have reduced movements but can't help but worry! Xx

Last edited:
Absolutely hate the days where I have reduced movements! I feel like my tummy hasn't grew atal in the past week, and then I had some movements yesterday, but very minimal. Nothing atal so far today. And I know the midwife has told he that it's normal to have reduced movements but can't help but worry! Xx

I don't think you have to worry about reduced movement this early as they still have a lot of room to move around. I'm still not sure if I have felt baby yet.

My scan still seems so far away. Its not for another 2 weeks. I'm so impatient xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think you have to worry about reduced movement this early as they still have a lot of room to move around. I'm still not sure if I have felt baby yet.

My scan still seems so far away. Its not for another 2 weeks. I'm so impatient xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My midwife told me to begin monitoring and counting my movements now, and has obviously assured me they will not be regular at this stage but if I feel nothing atal for days I've to get in contact :) xx

Hi All,

Healthy baby boy at the scan today...guess I don't need to go shopping now as I have boxes of my sons clothes upstairs.

Found out I have anterior placenta too, but I've been feeling him move, but more so when he kicks my bladder.
Don't know what we'll do about a name, my husband and I could only agree on my sons name last time round!

X

Oh congrats on team blue Dodsy!! We have a boys name picked but no clue for a girl, we liked a name but I've went off it lol.

I go a day or two not feeling anything and then just when I panic I feel wee kicks. Anyone else feel a bit nauseated when there's movement? I thought I'd still be too low for kicks in the stomach but I've noticed everytime there's movement I feel sick. Maybe it's just getting used to it. I was at cinema last night and the trailers were really loud, must have scared the little bean cause it was squirming and kicking like crazy.

My scan isn't till next Friday hedgehog, the wait is killing me!! Just been feeling it's been very long coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back