• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

.. October 2016 Mummies - Second Trimester ..

Frig sake, typed a whole thing and went back by accident haha! Anyway, let me know if i miss anything on the fb group, i feel so left out but don't have fb. Maternity leave wise ill be finishing at 37 weeks but have a week of annual leave before so finishing at 36 weeks. I would love to finish earlier, its just me and one carer on my unit so can be very heavy, nights are killing me, but days are worse, I look after my disabled sister some days and I don't think my mum could cope without me. I was offered days but i'd have to move units so thats even worse. My annual leave period starts in Nov so I already had all this years sorted.

Thought Id add a bump pic! 18 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20160520_181258.JPG
    IMG_20160520_181258.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Lovely bump growing there!

I'm going on maternity at 38 weeks but taking annual leave before had so going at 36 weeks. Would have taken more leave beforehand but it's the summer holidays before that so I don't want to inconvenience work. It does mean I still have 2 weeks leave to take between June and July to avoid August, and I already have a week booked off in June. Might try and work 4 day weeks for two months.

My MIL says that my lower back ache on the right side is because of my posture rather than pregnancy. And that she never had any aches in her 3 pregnancies. I get pain to the right of my tailbone, a sharp pain at night when I rollover. And today it's been a dull pain when I've been walking.

I don't have great posture but I usually get pain across my whole lower back and not so low down when I've been standing or sitting funny.

Is she right?

i wish i could stay till work until 37weeks but I find my job to physical, I hoping I get to go on evenings rather than night but depends if there is any spaces, hope so lol X

Hi all! I'm feeling pretty crappy too! Did my back in lifting my toddler into her cot last Friday and only just feeling better - dr said I could only have paracetamol :( Also super tired and headachey. Oh is currently away on a meditation course and so to cheer myself up, I've booked a private gender scan today at 10:15 - I'm so excited!

Regarding maternity leave, last time I left at 38w but Iris was 12 days late so I'd wasted 4wks before she was even here! Can't afford to take more than 6m off so I want as much at the end as possible. Gonna try to go to 38 or maybe even 39w this time. I have an office job so no lifting or anything :) xxx

Last edited:
How long are yous all taking off. Im the same as you Caroline i can only afford to take about 6 months if even but i def cant work upto 39 weeks in my job, even if i was physically well lol.

I can take a year off but means Id return just before Christmas and Jackson's birthday so it's a bit much with childcare etc.

I'm taking 9m paid mat leave and 3w annual leave.

I earn more than OH sadly so I need to work lol.

xxxx

Me too! Im the main income hes obly part time. I dont know how people manage, we intended to have money saved up but fell pregnant far sooner than expected! All mat pay and half his wage only covers our rent :/ haha!

I'm taking 6 months off plus 5 weeks holiday. We can't afford for me to take off the full year because I bring the most money into the household :(

Check all us bringing home the Bacon. Changed days..

D works part time but it's like 30hr weekly shift work so it doesn't hugely benefit me for childcare although as I start work earlier he does the nursery run lol.

xxxx

I'm the main earner too! Me and oh are both part time (28hr and 25hrs) so we cover all the child care between us., except one afternoon when my mum helps. X

Just downloaded the Mush app. It's an app for mummies to meet up. Seems a good idea :) x

i wasn't going to find out the sex with this one however in getting bored with buying white and just want a colour lol, I find out on Wednesday and I can't wait, the kiddies are coming with me and oh so we will all find out together hopefully fingers crossed lol X

Last edited:
Congrats on team pink caroline. Ill update you now.

xxxx

Thanks :) feeling a bit annoyed with the family reaction (see my other post) but I'm very pleased :)

Oh can you change my due date to 23rd please as was amended at my dating scan xxxx

Last edited:
I've put in for my maternity leave to start on the 3rd October and I am due on the 4th!
The 1st and 2nd Oct are a weekend though, and as a teacher I get six weeks off in July/August, so should hopefully be well rested enough to tackle one month of an easier teaching workload before my leave begins. (Fingers crossed!) I've put in to go back on 27th May 2017, but that is actually the start of half term, so I won't be returning to school again until 5th June. Again, fingers crossed all goes to plan!

Wow impressed how many ladies bring home the bacon here!! �� I am going to take 9 months off I am trying to get all my bills down now, changing my credit cards to different providers so they lower payments and got rid of sky tv.

Mac I'm not on Facebook either xx

Our landlord very kindly dropped our rent a bit for us for the year cause i thought wed have to move, need to get my arse in gear for sorting out other bills. Really is nice to see us girlies are the main earners how times have changed indeed! What do you all work as? Im a night nurse in a dementia care unit.

Oh happy days Carla glad im not the only one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back