Obem

Awww Cazzlou :hugs: - I can't even imagine what you went through. But so glad you and LO are fine xxxxx

that is my worst fear right there on that tv last night......and knowing i have a big boo boo..i was literally unconsoleable...i was shaking with fear...

i know it is very, very rare.....but i am still terrified xx

It was very scary...... fantastic to see the medics jump into action though and do their stuff. I guess in that situation you just need to trust them and their experience. Lets hope we all have a happy and stress free birth experience.

xx

Luckily they are trained in it and while all the consultants and paediatric docs said it was a heart stopping birth they did what they are trained and got my baby out and got him breathing.
My labour was so fast that they had no time to move me like the lady on obem.

I'll always be grateful to them in the room for saving my little man.

what a brave brave lady, that was the most terrfying thing ive ever seen im so annoyed at myself for watching it its completely freaked me out.

cazzlou sorry you had such a hard time but really glad you and baby are all ok now

xxx

cazzalou :hugs: you poor thing, so glad you and theo are ok.

That really was terrifying, my OH does not normally watch but did last night and i could tell its shaken him a little! eep, glad everything was ok though! xx

Luckily they are trained in it and while all the consultants and paediatric docs said it was a heart stopping birth they did what they are trained and got my baby out and got him breathing.
My labour was so fast that they had no time to move me like the lady on obem.

I'll always be grateful to them in the room for saving my little man.

i cannot even begin to tell you how proud i am of you and how brave you are :) thank god you are both okay...xxx

I second that samsgirl.

Cazzlou I think u should do a birth story, just to show that things don't always go smoothly but the outcome was still a healthy baby boy. I think one reason it has shocked so many women is that we only hear about straightforward births. They may have ended in an emergency section but stories like urs are hidden from people. I know this may be down to women not wanting to relive the trauma but it makes everyone realise not all goes to plan :hug:

Cazzalou, I can't believe you went through that. I hope it hasn't put you off having another baby.

I kept saying to my DH all through the programme, I hope that doesn't happen to me, as I wouldn't want him to see anything like that. I kept saying I hope you don't have that experience, as I know our OH don't really know what to do anyway.

I didn't do birth story as didn't want to scare people.

I'll try get it wrote tonight then add a warning to the title so people can read If they want.

I too was holding and rubbing my bump, cazzlou - that must have been hard for you to watch so soon after your experience. I just thank goodness the team knew what they were doing for both you and her and we must be thankful that we have their expertise in these situations!
My OH watched it (for the first time) I think it was good for him as he does seem to be a bit blase about it all going smoothly, being easy etc, and well think this shocked him a bit as to the reality of complications. He lent over and rested his head on my bump afterwards.
In my head I knew it would end up ok as I'm sure they wouldn't have shown it on tv if not, but I really felt for the mum as I was feeling the panic for her. I blubbed when baby cried for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back