Nutrition and cooking advice

Jools

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a newbie!

My husband and I are about to start TTC our first child. I'm taking folic acid etc, but could really use some help on the nutrition / healthy eating end of things. I'm a pretty bad cook (although I'm practising!) and I also have IBS which makes things a bit trickier too.

I've been on Amazon and other sites to find a good pre-conception/pregnancy cookbook, but there's so many to choose from! does anyone have a recommendation of a good book to buy?

Thanks
Jules

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

I know there are certian things to avoid in case you get pregnant like undercooked eggs, but im afraid im not very up on all that, though theres lots of lovely knowledgeable ladies here so im sure someone will be able to help. :D

Good luck with TTC! :hug:

Hi - thanks for replying! I hope someone can help!

Hiya

Really all they say is to make sure you have a balanced diet. You could always get a pre-pregnancy supplement, there are a few around, but as long as you are at least trying to eat a bit healthier, you'll be fine.
Junk food etc is still OK, maybe try and eat 1 piece of fruit a day or (for example) have an extra glass of milk and see how you get on.

Good luck TTC!

Hello
when I conceived I was eating these yeovalley yoghurts with added seeds, they are nice and you don't have to faff on adding seeds and droping them all over the floor. I was eating 3-4 portions of fruit a day, banana, apple, juice and veg with meal. Tea was just balanced some kind of stew meal, chicken and now and again something beany/veg, I still ate chocolate and had wine and coffee. Everything in moderation I guess oh and I took a pre-natal supplement and fish oils
Gemma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back