Nursery Furniture

DebbieM

Reaction score
We've had our hearts set on the I Love My Bear range from Toys R Us for weeks and weeks but we just aren't getting anywhere with it. They have been out of stock for ages and they're not sure when or how many cotbeds etc they will be getting in at any given time.

As we only have 13 weeks to go from Monday, we were starting to panic as most places give a delivery waiting time of 6-8 weeks and we really want the nursery finished by the beginning of February.

So.. we decided (reuctantly) to look around today at other nursery ranges. We went to Kiddicare and the first one we spotted was the Kidsmill "Susannah" range. It's really nice and Matt now prefers it to the ILMB range. I will eventually, I like it, don't get me wrong... but I'm very disappointed in not getting the ILMB stuff.

Anyway, we bought the cotbed, wardrobe, large chest and toy/storage box. Here it is...

Susannah-FS.jpg

It should be here in 6-8 weeks. They send it from Holland and actually deliver it and come and put it all together for you - bargain! :D

Thats a lovely range hopefully it will arrive and you will like it even more when its all up. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thats a beautiful range Debbie :D I'd like something like that for bubs :)

It's dissapointing when you don't get what you've got your heart set on (I've got my heart set on the Mamas & Papas ultima but we probably won't be able to afford it) but I bet you'll love it when it's all up in the nicely decorated nursery :D

Thats really nice too, do you not have a Toys r us near you???

That's lovely :D I really like the contrast between the paintwork and the wood. It finishes it beautifully and will work as your baby grows. I think its a really great choice, even though it was your second pick. I think once you actually see it all in place and the nursery finished you'll be more able to fall for it all, if that makes sense.

I've barely thought about nursery furniture and hadn't really planned on getting anything matching tbh, but now I've seen that and checked out the Kiddicare site (thanks for the heads up about it) I'm half tempted to go get matching things.

i looked on the kiddiecare site and couldnt find it :think: :think: :think:
manda xx

manda224 said:
i looked on the kiddiecare site and couldnt find it :think: :think: :think:
manda xx

It seems to only be available in store. We live 5 mins from Kiddicare so we're lucky really to be able to visit :)

Sophie1102 said:
Thats really nice too, do you not have a Toys r us near you???

Yes, we do, 5 mins away from our house but the whole range of furniture is out of stock and has been for weeks :(

This is a gorgeous set.

We havent got around to thinking about this yet and doubt something that big would fit in the nursery but it is gorgeous.

Well done on getting yourself sorted

That's a beautiful set!

I hadn't even thought about buying furniture, let alone matching! I'm not sure we can afford it really, my sister has a cot from her 2 kids and she's got good taste so we'll probably cadge that off of her and see what else we can get to match!

Thats a real shame debbie, we live two mins form ours, been in there today, its still in stock at ours, we were gonna wait until after christmas as i really want the cot, but might have to think about getting it sooner???

its great debbie and cos ur not getting ilmb stuff ( you've got your giffafe stuff) i think it will actually look better as its not a clash of ranges as such , u can still get some of the ilmb stuff too so all in all a winner !

Sophie1102 said:
Thats a real shame debbie, we live two mins form ours, been in there today, its still in stock at ours, we were gonna wait until after christmas as i really want the cot, but might have to think about getting it sooner???

Oh God, I would. If you really want it - just get it. When we started looking initially, it was in stick. If you look online now the whole range is out of stock. No cots, no wardrobes, no dressers.. nothing.....

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/SearchResults. ... at=bruhome\brunursery\&dep=true

The only thing we did get was the ILLMB crib - and that was by chance a couple of weeks ago. It's ok that it doesn't match as that will be in our room anyway. The stores don't stock the wardrobe either so they have to be ordered direct. I tried every store nearby in a 100 mile radius and all said the same thing.. out of stock and not sure when any more will be in. Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Cambridge, Norwich, Brent Cross etc etc..

Soph, I say if you want it - get it asap so you're not disappointed like we have been.

G3M said:
its great debbie and cos ur not getting ilmb stuff ( you've got your giffafe stuff) i think it will actually look better as its not a clash of ranges as such , u can still get some of the ilmb stuff too so all in all a winner !

This stuff is quite similar to the ILMB stuff really in colour etc apart from the etching on the sides so it shouldn't have clashed. I'm sure I will love it just as much once it is here :D

oooo i found loads of giraffe stuff in a cataloge that came with something , jojo mammas i think ?! there was grobags and even a baby firsts book and photo album :D

we were looking at the ILMB range but i love that set youve got deb

Thanks Debbie, my aunt is gonna buy the crib for me, not sure if I should ask her to do it sooner as she is gonna get it in the new year, we are doing the same as you and having it in our room, so if she can't get it then it doesn't really matter (BUT I WANT IT :lol: ) Might go down and get the cot this week!!!!

WOW lovely furniture, your very lucky to be able to spend that sort of money on furniture :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back