Nuby nibbler?

MelissaLindley

Reaction score
So after my first attempt at the blw way (he's been on purees so far) he went red faced and was spluttering on broccoli and then threw up so it's put the fear in me a bit so got a nubby nibbler net. He's happily sucking away at sweet potato and broccoli before I give him his lunch.

Does anyone else use one?
What do you put in it?

yje6y9a4.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

So after my first attempt at the blw way (he's been on purees so far) he went red faced and was spluttering on broccoli and then threw up so it's put the fear in me a bit so got a nubby nibbler net. He's happily sucking away at sweet potato and broccoli before I give him his lunch.

Does anyone else use one?
What do you put in it?

yje6y9a4.jpg

He probably ended up doing that because spoon feeding teaches babies to swallow before they learn to chew so usually when faced with a piece of food they will try to swallow it before they chew it. It's why most hv recommend gradually adding lumps to purée fed babies.
I guess you could put any fruit of veg in the net thing. Carrots, cucumber, butternut squash, oranges, apple, mango, melon etc

I've seen these, but never really understood what they do or how they work?

I suppose it's so they can do chewing and sucking and the foods broken down through the net so no big pieces?

I agree with MrsR there, probably better to.use the net if he he has been on purees. You can put pretty much anything as long as its relatively soft so they can suck and gnaw on it.
I have unopened one i bought just in case but i didnt start with purees so he learnt to bite and chew.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

What a cute picture! He looks like he's enjoying himself. Sorry your first BLW attempt didn't go too well. I had cucumber retching/vomit on one of Tilly's earliest meals, and the other day I swear she swallowed a huge piece of apple skin that made her face go red and her eyes water! Oop. Maybe let him have a go with the Nuby net for a while and later on try him again on something BLW style if you still fancy it. He will learn very quickly.

Yeah, I guess you can put anything into the net that will break down and release bits into his mouth as he chews. xxx

Sebastian is such a cutie! : -) Harry really gagged at first having been on purées but I gave it another try and he's a lot better now, he still coughs every so often but doesn't tend to gag. It's scary though, the first time he did it I grabbed him and started giving him back slaps until I was told it was completely normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back