Now that's what I call an emergency section!

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
Lots of people talk about an "unplanned section" as an emergency section. This is not always the case.
Just having a root through my notes and this is the notes about my emergency section - thought it might be interesting to read :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328372231.732254.jpg

And this means that as it was an emergency situation the anaesthetist had to do a rapid induction of anaesthetic.
This means he had to put pressure on my throat (like being strangled) to stop stomach contents killing me as I wasn't starved for a GA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328372383.222846.jpg

Now that's an emergency section! ;) xx

Omg I didn't even know they did that!!! No wonder my hosp doesn't let you eat while in labour!!

Glad you had a happy ending x

I didn't know either until it happened to me. It's a common procedure if you are an accident victim and need a general anaesthetic quickly. Because you haven't been starved, you are at risk of your stomach contents coming up and going into your lungs (which can be fatal).
So to stop this, the dr will put his hands around your windpipe and squeeze it (like your being choked) while the anaesthetist pumps in the drugs).
The scary thing was, when they did it to me they didn't have time to explain why they were doing it, I literally thought I was being throttled! x

thats some scary stuff you must have been petrified x

OMG, this is terrifying!

I'd be scarred for life if I went through that. You brave lady. x

It has really effected me, I had panic attacks for a long time after the delivery. I don't know if I'll ever truly be over it. I've registered at a hospital further away for this birth as I couldn't face going back to that place x

Aw hun. I'm not surprised. I hope you were offered the support you needed x

Omg, cosmic! That's so scary, no wonder you were so affected by that. Xx

I got counselling which helped a bit. Was also offered plastic surgery to repair the awful, rushed scar. Suppose I should just thank my lucky stars that me and my baby are alive x

It was the worst thing that has ever ever happened to me :( x

Omg cosmic, you poor thing, how scary for you :hugs: just glad you and babies got through it

Wowser, that must have been very traumatic for you. Being a wuss, and never having had any surgery before (not even a filling lol), I was petrified during my section, although fine after. Your section would have totally traumatised me.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back