Emergency C section!!

bute69

Reaction score
I had an emergency C section on Friday 13th!! Had high blood pressure throughout pregnancy and baby was on the small side. at a scan last Tuesday I was told that the placenta wasn't letting enough nutrients through to baby. Had to have heart trace on baby twice a day as an outpatient. Consultant said that I'd be induced on the following Tuesday. Had another scan on Friday 13th and was told that nutrient flow had gone down again, so c section was booked for Saturday. I was admitted and hoooked up to a heart trace again. 3 times I watched the heart rate go down, before kicking in at the right rhythm again. It was terrifying. Because of this, they decided on an emergency C section there and then! My OH had left about 1/2hr before to get our new house ready to move into! Had to get a nurse to call him. He's pretty sure he'll get done for speeding! He got to the theatre just as they were about to start! It was the most horrible, surreal experience I've ever had! Think it was because he wasn't there and they decided to operate there and then and I had to go through the whole pre op thing on my own. I've never been so scared! Anyway, baby James Christopher Langley was born @ 5.27pm weighing a tiny 4 pounds 4 ounces. He stayed with us until about 10.15pm, then taken to SCBU as he had low blood sugar. He's doing fine and everything is looking good. He's put on 2 ounces. He's perfectly formed, just a bit small :) I was discharged this afternoon, so will express milk for James at home and take it in every day for him. Staff at SCBU are very happpy with his progress, so hopefuly won't be too long before he's at home with us.

It's all been a bit of a blurr the last few days! Then on the way home from the Hospital my OH proposed!!!!

Oh Hun!! ((hugs)) glad ur little man is ok! Xxx

Glad your little boy is getting there and congrats with the otherhalf i hope you said yes x x x

Glad your LO is getting there, and Congrats on the proposal. xx

Thanks ladies :) Yes, I said I'd marry him! James came out of the incubator this evening and is now in a cot in SCBU :) Staff said that he must have known that Mummy had left Hospital so he decided to get better so he could go home soon too!!

Awww congratulations on your little bundle and your proposal! Hope you get James home soon x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Congratulations, glad he is doing well and hoping you get him home soon and congrats on the proposal :)

Congratulations :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

so glad hun, it means he's saying to you that he has to get better so he can be there when you get married hense him getting better x x x

Aw thats lovely congratulations hun xxxx

James is now up to 3 hourly feeds and has put weight on again. He's now 4lb 10.5 oz :) He's still being fed through a tube. Hopefully once he starts to feed properly he'll be able to come home.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back