Not sure what to do...

AugustMum

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do at the moment...I don't really have anyone to talk to in my house (uni house share) and I've had a really horrible day.

Me and the FOB have had an on off relationship for the past year but once we found out we were having a baby he said he wanted to be there for us and we could get a house ect. But we havn't seen each other for the past 2 weeks and hes barely contacted me, if at all. Its always me ringing him, and sometimes I get angry because I dont feel like hes supporting me at all! I dont even know what I want from him for him to be supportive but just something would do. Today I think we were both pushed too far though and we've decided its best if we only speak to each other when we have to, so the next time we see each other will be the scan next week.

Im not sure I can do this on my own. Im in my second year of uni and falling behind as everyday passes, Im 100 miles away from any of my family (and his, cause I speak with his sister quite alot), Im just a bit shocked by today and Im not sure what to do :shock:.

Sorry that was a bit longer than I thought...everythings just gone a bit pear shaped.

Aw hun....so sorry ur having a tough time...maybe a bit of time out until the scan will give you a chance to figure out what you want from him so u can have an honest conversation about how u move forwards.

Can't be easy being alone tho...do you get a end of term break or anything soon where you can go home? or maybe go home for a long weekend to see ur family? x x xx

I had to go home last week because it was all getting a bit too much for me, but I can't go home at weekends because I work. The next break we have is easter which seems so far away!! Ive sent my parents an email explaining everything...I think if I tried to explain on the phone they wouldn't be able to make out anything I said!!

I know lots of people make it work, and Im sure its not easy but deffinalty do-able. Think I just need to keep looking forward to the summer. And just hope everything works out in between.

Im gunna be a single mummy hun, and if i can help in anyway just ask :) its always good to have someone to talk to. Try and go home as much as poss then atleast u feel u have the support coming in from somewere....Its a bloody hard testin time for any women, surround your self with the best form of support possible :D

xxx

:hug: It's definitely do able honey. Try not to stress too much just yet. just get through it a bit at a time.

cut yourself some slack wont you....the hormones wont be helping x

Is there someone at your university who you can talk to? You might be able to defer the rest of your course; which year are you in now? As MM said, don't be too hard on yourself and take it one step at a time - I can imagine how daunting it all must be; just look at it one bit at a time :hug:

:hug: I'd talk to your tutor if you have one, or someone involved with your course and just find out what options you have if you need them - while I'm sure you'll manage fine, deferring for a year might be a good idea so that you can focus on you and your baby for a while and concentrate on your studies once things are a bit more settled :hug:

Don't be with someone just because you think you may not be able to cope hunni... us women are ace and can cope with almost anything. I am currently a single mum with a 19 month old and am 17 weeks pregnant, and even though it will be tough I know that it will be far easier to struggle along on my own than with someone I am not 100% happy with.

Any man that is worth your time should not be able to go a full 2 weeks without contacting you, in my eyes that shows he isn't really that bothered? Even my ex contacts me almost daily to see how his son and the bump is.

What does your gut feeling tell you?

everything will be ok, i know it doesnt look it now but it will. I fell pregnant age 18 and was completely on my own, the father changed his number so i couldnt contact him and it was the hardest time of my life but my baby girl was the most important thing in the world and despite everything we got through it, just me and her. I lost my place at uni too and was gutted about that.
I went from a single mum in a council flat to working my socks off sometimes 50 hours a wekk or more to make ends meet, but now we live in our own house and i have a fantastic job. My lil girl is 5 now and a very bright, clever little girl who makes me so proud everyday!
There were tough times when i thought i couldnt cope anymore and i did the whole pregnancy and 99% of the birth entirely on my own! so it's hrd but u can do it, there's plenty of support on this forum too, you'll get through it!

Who needs men anyway?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back