Not sure what to do

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a dilema! I'm meant to be going to a fancy dress house party next week for my work friends' birthday. I really want to go (although i hate fancy dress and being sober in fancy dress is going to be so difficult) but I'm worried everyone will realise I'm not drinking. If we were going out I could buy my own drinks and no-one would know but at a house party everyone will be able to see what I pour into my glass - its an open plan flat so I will be watched! Also my friend is practicing his shot making skills as everyone is going to be doing shots. I can't use the antibiotic excuse as all my frineds ignore that rule! What would you do?
Another factor thats worrying me is the fact that I'm so tired I've been in bed before 10 every night this week so I'm not sure I would be able to stay up for the party, and ms is starting to kick in. I've not been sick yet just extremely nauseous! I would be grateful of any suggestions.

Cat x x x

what about anti biotics for a urine infection?
or u drank way to much last night and couldnt face another hangover!! xx

Last edited:
The detox one might work I don't drink that often so I'm not sure they would buy the hangover one thanks for the suggestions x x x

to be honest, i'd be tempted not to go, especially if you are feeling tired and having m/s xx

Its a tricky one. I'd be tempted to not go but then you'll have to make excuses anyway for not going...if its a friend's birthday party you might not want to miss it. Whether or not they respect the no drinking on antibiotics rule, I would go with that excuse and say whatever you've had has been making you feel so ill lately that you just want rid of it therefore you're not gona chance drinking whilst taking them. If they're friends they'll respect that and want you at their party whether you drink or not.

Good luck x

Dental antibiotic are normally really strong and if you drink with them it can make you really ill - could try that or could you drive to the party, no better excuse not to be drinking and if you then want to get away early because you're tired or feel ill then you can. Other then that I always pull out the 'migraine' card and say I just can't face alcohol with it Xx

i have been out a few times with friends recently and tbh they didnt even notice i wasnt drinking. i was just having coke or lemonade

You have a work colleague who is pregnant and due to pop any second. Her hubby does not drive and you promised her you would be on emergency standby to drive them to hospital

or

Take your own bottle of "vodka"

or

Make a punch and tell them its got loads of alcohol in it - they will have no clue its actually alcohol free - that will get em - will be very amusing for you also to watch them getting drunk on your punch - just careful nobody spikes it!!

Hi Mrs CW, i am in a similar position....i have just invited about 12 friends round for a bbq towards the end of May for my birthday...i am the ringleader in shots and am a decent drinker when we go out...they will notice straight away if i don't drink....am currently considering filling a vodka bottle with water or a wine carafe with blackcurrant lol!! or just giving in and telling them!! they are my best friends and know we have been trying o they will twig straight away.... it is so much harder to cover at a house party than being out though...the only other thing is take some wine(non alcoholic) and take the lablel off it as though it has been in an ice bucket for a while and just walk round all night with your wine in your hand and glass in the other :) good luck!!

Thanks for all the suggestions girls! I'm tempted not to go but as its one of my good friends I really want to go and I've missed out on one night already as I felt shocking. I unfortunately can't use the driving excuse as although I can drive I never do so that would bring lots of questions! I think I'll either go with the antibiotic excuse or I might take a bottle of lemonade I've already opened and just say I've premixed my drink. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back