Not sure what to do

Sugarhigh

Reaction score
i ended up at the hospital on Saturday night because of reduced fetal movement and really painful tightenings as well as so rather yucky looking discharge.

They monitored me and told me that i was being allowed home on the condition that i rest up and i phone my middy first thing this morning and have her see me asap.

Just got off the phone with the midwife who seemed really like she wasnt bothered at all and told me that she couldnt make appointments to see people and that id have to phone my doctors surgery and see if they had one available failing that i have to wait until next week til when im supposed to see her or see a GP who in her words would probably just send me to the hospital again.

The people at the hospital on saturday seemed concerned but not obviously not worried enough to keep me in and they forgot to fill in the space in my notes to say i'd been up and why etc.

im now not sure what to do because there must have been a reason why they wanted me seen this week and not next but it seems my midwife (not always the sharpest tool in the box) isnt bothered by it and is happy for me to wait.

im really worried that something is up and could be risking the baby if i dont get to see her.

what would you ladies do? im driving myself crazy here not knowing.

Id go back up the hospital hun, get them to fill your notes in properly.

Thats terrible they are always banging on about your notes then forget to fill them in. Tut tut!!

xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: bloody midwives :evil:

have you got a list of other midwives in your area under your surgery? I know in my notes I had the nmbers of other midwives that were at my Doc Surgery and I used to call any of them if I needed help. If you have ring them and tell them you need a visit today. Failing that call the surgery and tell them you need a midwife out to you. Its going to be a pain seeing as the hozzy didnt fill out your notes but Id call them to and ask them to explain to you what their findings were as no-one filled out your notes. Did they put you on a trace? They should have given you the print out of that too. Thats really bad so someone should get a bollocking for that! Good luck hun and try not to worry.

Tillytots said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: bloody midwives :evil:

have you got a list of other midwives in your area under your surgery? I know in my notes I had the nmbers of other midwives that were at my Doc Surgery and I used to call any of them if I needed help. If you have ring them and tell them you need a visit today. Failing that call the surgery and tell them you need a midwife out to you. Its going to be a pain seeing as the hozzy didnt fill out your notes but Id call them to and ask them to explain to you what their findings were as no-one filled out your notes. Did they put you on a trace? They should have given you the print out of that too. Thats really bad so someone should get a bollocking for that! Good luck hun and try not to worry.

i rang my surgery and all they could do was offer an appointment for tomorrow.
I was put on a trace on saturday but didnt get the print out and ive never been given this any of the times ive been on the trace. i rang the hospital but he mws and docs from saturday aint there and only they know what was found.
Will see what mw has to say tomorrow when i see her i guess.

hey hun

Failing any of the above ideas ring the hospital again and explain the situation to them, normally the midwives are based up at the hospital an then go out into the community and doctors. Im sure they would have something on the computer re your visit.

Try to stay calm and rest like you were advised

XXXXx

I phoned the hospital back and spoke to another lady who was really nice and basically said that a note should have been made in my notes (yep we know that) and that the reason i have to see mw this week is because of my stage of pregnancy and they like to follow up hospital visits with a mw appointment that same week. she basically talked through what had happened and said that although the midwife from saturday worried me to basically just chill and if they thought that something was wrong they would have kept me in regardless of how much i promised to rest up.

She has said that if my midwife gets confused as to why im there (very bloody likely) to tell her to give them a ring and they will explain it to her because its in my notes that are kept at hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back