Not really alternative parenting, but I'm sure you ladies are the best to help me!

LuW

Reaction score
Well we've started to make full on plans (I say 'we'....=D). All pretty Alternative, well as far as my friends and family are concerned.

We've definately decided on a home birth, using a carrier most of the time, I'm definately going to attempt BF and we will be co-sleeping (mainly because it's going to be just me and baba during the weeks most of the time, so we thought why not!) and I definately, 100% being a stay at home mummy.

Those that know of our plans have brushed most of it off except the co-sleeping and the home birth. The home birth the most though.

I just don't know how to shut the people who are causing the trouble up. End of the day unless I really really need to have my child in hospital, I won't. They scared me and make me very very nervous. Luckily my closest friend understands and jumped at being there if OH can't be, its just other I thought would understand because they've already seen the state I get in at hospitals(even just visiting).

How on earth do I either ignore them, or get them to shut up atleast while their around me. Even just a witty remark to make them think twice would do!!

Thank you ladies!! (And sorry its long!!!)

Lu XXXXXXX

tell them to piss off! if they want to rare a child their way tell them to have their own! xx

HAHHAA! Think we're the only two awake atm =DD.

Just had a rather heated discussion with a girl who was a veryvery close friend and came with me whenever I passed out in school. If I came round in A&E I'd have a full blown panic attack, if I knew where we were going I'd still hyperventalate but wasn't as bad as waking up there, so thought she'd understand.

Her excuse to getting on the defensive was that she worries about me - I'd be more worried if I was at hospital with some scrubbed up muppet poking and prodding me whenever he fancies. (Not quite the way it it's meant to be but can imagen thats how it feels) I'm prone to overreacting to the slightest medical jargon( old ladypart of me=D) and everything is bad news in my head lol!

lol well how u bring ur baby into the world is ur choice! but do be open to hospitals because u never know! and anyways its actually not that bad!! x

It's a definate back burning for me- the thought makes my tummy do backflips! Plenty of time to change my mind if I want to though, and obviously if mine or baba's health requires me to go in I'm not guna be a stubborn mare and stop home- Baba means far too much to me and OH already!

Just have this nice little image of being able to cuddle up to OH as Baba makes his apperance. I know it most likely wont be like that because I'm a moody cow so He'll have been sent to live in his van for a week in disgrace! loll

I agree with piglet, if it bothers them so much tell them to have their own children and bring them up their way.
The only people whos opinion matter is yours and your OH's x

everyone agrees with me :smug: hahahaha!! and lol at the van thing! haha xx

it's the 'I only worry' comment that keeps coming back that winds me up. I mean I understood when I spoke to OH's mum over it and she was like 'um really?' till she had to take me to A&E after tripping over their cat- totally understood afterwards loll!!

I appriciate their concern but I don't knwo whether it really is genuin concern or just an excuse for them feeling I'm 'not normal' doing things my way - they aint guna change my mind I'm pretty set on the idea unless I need the other option.

One friend actually said but you can't have an epidural at home - then she started giggling when she realised what she'd said and who too - she was there for the tetnus jabs where I threw up over the poor nurse and then had a fit (you know as you do ....)

Urghh ignorant folk not getting that it really is better for us- I'll be dreading the birth through the entire pregnancy otherwise =[[

Might get myself a shirt printing when I'm pregnant with the whole ' if you really don't wanna know my ideas- dont bloody ask' on or something Ierno.... I'll work on the sloggen while OH is away loll!!
XXX

everyone agrees with me :smug: hahahaha!! and lol at the van thing! haha xx

It's not like it's just an empty van.... its a big bugger he's tried turning into a camper van so he'd have a bed =D Complete god send when he's winding me up over something loll!

Just give him that look and he totters off to his van loll!

Think the t-shirt is going to have to be done!

I planned a homebirth and everyone had the same reaction, especially since we live about an hour from hospital and I was due in December. Well it turned out I needed to go into hospital, it was -15 degrees, snow and ice on the roads, I was in sooo much pain and my mum is a nervous driver.
BUT because I'd chosen a homebirth I'd had midwives with me at home for the first 24 hours anyway and when it came to going into hospital they came with us (convoy!) and put me straight in a delivery room and did the handover so I had care the entire time.
So best decision I've ever made even though it didn't go as planned! :)

I was planning a homebirth with Esmé but as she was early and a few other probs I had to have her at the hospital. I remember my mums reaction when I first told her, I wanted my baby at home. She was shocked but didn't say to much cause she knew nothing would've changed my mind unless it was really necessary xx

Show me a pic of tshirt when you get it done please lol x

hehehe I will. It'll be like next year some time I'll be getting it done loll!!

Just hate the idea I'm being judged for how I want my baba =[[ You'd think by some of the reaction I'd said I wanted to have my baby half way up kilimanjaro with a chimp as a midwife!

XXXX

with the whole i worry thing id say look if u were with me in hospital you'd be more worried as im likely to flip, at home i'll be calm and happy and totally in control of my choices. i want to go to hospital but thats cos i dont wanna clean up after lol but its your choice and you know whats best for you, if i hated medical stuff as much as you id stay home. i wanna be a nurse and id still recommend staying home if there was no need to go to hospital.

Hi LuW,

I had the same fear of hospital but not as extreme as you. I went to hypnobirthing classes and as part of that I had two fear release sessions. They were excellent, really helped me. You should maybe have a wee look into it if you have ten minutes spare, just in case you do need to go into hospital in the end.

Rose

Guna have a research on that today, Rose, seeing as cheers to my wonderful horsey I'm stuck in all day=[ Knew I shouldn't have ridden last night =[

xxxxx

had a brain fart while jumping and forgot to go with her so ended up flat on my arse in a puddle funny at the time but my back and hips arekilling today, just had go fishing for her bloody shoe tonight too. was not impressed.

Ohwell Love her really or I wouldn't fork out the money I do lol!

xxx

I used to say 'If i dont go to the hospital every time i need a bit shite, why on earth would i go for a birth? '

that usually shut them up a bit ;)

I used to say 'If i dont go to the hospital every time i need a bit shite, why on earth would i go for a birth? '

that usually shut them up a bit ;)

HAHAHHAA Love that one! .... that might have to be the T-shirt slogan loll!!! TBH it seems to be my female friends who have the issue with us having a home birth:wall2:. Any of my male friends who I'm close enough to talk to about or even some of OH's work mates are agreeing with me- If I'm likely to be in pain and theres an option to be where I'm comfiest why not stay there...

Theres one of his friends who laughed and went well atleast the girls got balls... :eh: Think he thought I wanna stay home so I wouldn't be tempted by extra pain relief.... Gas and Airs all I've ever had as far as 'stronger' pain relief goes when I've been in for riding acidents loll!

Glad we don't live on base tbh - it was bad enough when we had our own place, some of his mates came up to 'cheer me up' after billie and trashed the house. Actually nearly killed them:mad: loll!

XXXXXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back