A little about me and my family!

Terrie

Reaction score
I thought id introduce myself on this board (woop woop!)

im Terrie, mum of 3yr old Rhys and 2yr old Ffion.

I am an experienced 'alternative' parent!!

I did BLW (baby led weaning) with both my kids from 6months, they had very few purees and could fully feed themselves by around 6 1/2 months!

I also 'wore' my kids (still do wear Rhys occasionally since he only weighs 26lb!!) and they loved it... my fav carries/wraps included my Moby Wrap, my BabyHawk and my Ellaroo Wrap. I think this increased my bond with both children and the carriers/wraps are so easy to use!

We are currently past the 3 yr co-sleeping marker with Rhys, over the past 6 months we have encouraged him to go to sleep in his own bed but he is welcome in with us during the night until he is 4. We have never co-slept with Ffion as she hated it and prefers to sleep alone!

Rhys was also a cloth bum baby until he was potty trained! My fav nappies were Weenotions, i could not fault them and had a rather large stash :blush: i absolutely love love loved my baby being a cloth bum! Ffion was a part-time cloth bum as the nursery she goes to asked me to take her in disposables :mad: so yeah.. thats what i did.

My kids also can sign :D we started signing with Rhys at 6months using common signs like 'milk' 'more' 'food' etc and now he can sign over 500 words! we have used signing with Ffion since birth although she is less interested than Rhys and can sign about 70 words. We also did stage 1 2 and 3 of 'Sing & Sign' courses and cannot recommend them enough!

Ok, sorry for the essay!!!!!!

If anybody has any questions about co-sleeping, cloth nappies, signing or baby wearing im happy to help!!!!

Hey terrie, i am just about to embark on my co-sleeping, baby wearing, baby led weaning adventure and its just excellent to know there are people to talk to about it all

thanks so much for posting, i will definatly be chewing your ear off in future :D

Both me and the FOB are interested in baby signing. Might have to try find more info out on it though, but think its deffinatly something we'd like to try!

Where did you first learn about it??

Both me and the FOB are interested in baby signing. Might have to try find more info out on it though, but think its deffinatly something we'd like to try!

Where did you first learn about it??

I wonder if Terrie fancies starting a signing thread?? :)

we first learned about it by watching Mr Tumble - Something Special on cbeebies... one episode and i KNEW it was what i wanted to do.. we followed that on with Sing & Sign classes, more Mr Tumble and my own research.. i truely believe it is the reason why Rhys has never had terrible 2s or anything like that!

was gonna start one lisaaaaaaaaaaa :)

I might have to see if I can get some books on it and have a look. It completly makes sense to do it, as before they can fully explain what they want, they can sign instead, so they dont get frustrated.

A thread on it would be fab...I think theres probably a few people that are interested but not sure where to start. Or at least thats how I feel!

Terrie that is fab! I didn't know you done those things with your LO's :D Really really great! xx

I did the baby led weaning with Jacob but i don't think i did it right lol. He still ate purees but i didn't feed him them until he was eating other foods on his own (like bread crusts, banannas etc) this way i knew he was ready for 'food' so i started making him purees from a book. Is BLW when they exclusively feed themselves? Sorry for the stoopidity xx

i think there are different extremes of BLW. we did it exclusively from 7mo.. you did fab hun!

Sorry for being abit dim, but I have never heard of baby lead weaning, what is it?

I had no knowledge of blw, baby signing, reusable nappies, breastfeeding or baby wearing when I had DD but have gathered lots of info over last few months and know that this is how I want to raise Seb x my only problem is baby wearing-I really really really desperately wanted to have a wrap for Seb but from the pain I am suffering at the moment just from his weight NOW I know I wouldn't be able to cope with his weight after birth and would need to take pain killers which would prevent me breast feeding :'( absolutely gutted! x tbh I have a wonderful bond with DD so I'm not hugely worried about wearing Seb but I'm determined to co sleep and breastfeed-I believe co sleeping really helped my bond with her x x you'll all be sick of me after Seb arrives as I'll be forever asking questions! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back